Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: L.T.R, Sponsors and how much

L.T.R, Sponsors and how much

Whe you begin a LTR with a thai boy (moneyboy or not), when you spend 10 days or 2 weeks or more with him, and during your stay you pay everything, eat, discos, karaokes, gifts, room, phone cards..
    How much you tip him before to go back your country ?
    And after, how much you think it's good to send to try to help (or to sponsor) him from your home country ?
    And what kind of relationship you want or need, phone call, Email, Chat, Sms ? Everyday, 2 or 3 time per week, everyweek, everymonth ?
    I heard so many stories from westerners or from Thai boy, I dont know what is good, what is legend, and what is reality.

I only pay for play. I do not sponsor.

To me, the Thai boys (or guys) are for sexual purpose only. I pay for play and have no desire to develop any relationship with them. I do not sponsor after I leave Thailand. :bounce:

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1
    My friend, the same one for two years so far, gets a nice Christmas present.

Last year a new top of the range mobile phone. = good face !
    All found when he is with me, moving into my hotel.
    Last year he came to Phuket with me after our time in Pattaya.

He gets pocket money to pay baht buses and taxis ect so I don't get ripped off.

Plus a parting tip of......

As an intending purchaser of a Rolls Royce who asked what is its horse power was told... Sufficient.

I can and do make his life better when I am with him.
    He knows never to send begging e-mails or texts.
    He has called [and paid for the call ] on two birthdays.
    I shall, inshallah, see him again in 11 days.

Re: L.T.R, Sponsors and how much

To answer your questions direct (and this is only my feeling on the subject):
    Whe you begin a LTR with a thai boy (moneyboy or not), when you spend 10 days or 2 weeks or more with him, and during your stay you pay everything, eat, discos, karaokes, gifts, room, phone cards..

1,000 baht per day. Karaoke, gifts, phone cards etc are not considered "payment" or "tip". (boy, I can hear all the Farangs holler'n already!)

And after, how much you think it's good to send to try to help (or to sponsor) him from your home country ?
    12,000 to 16,000 baht per month with occasional "presents" for holidays, birthdays etc.

And what kind of relationship you want or need, phone call, Email, Chat, Sms ? Everyday, 2 or 3 time per week, everyweek, everymonth ?
    Unless the guy is really computer savvy you'd better stick to phone calls 1-3 times a week. Most Thais can't write English well enough to carry on a useful conversation that way.

I heard so many stories from westerners or from Thai boy, I dont know what is good, what is legend, and what is reality.
    And you're going to be hearing a LOT more soon....

Another word of advice, Get him OUT of Pattaya and send him home ASAP. If you don't he'll be back in the trade in no time and spending all sorts of money he shouldn't be.

Another word of advice.

If you can't afford it, don't take it on!
    You're looking at a minimum of about $500 a month (stipend, phone bills, presents, extras etc). Be realistic about your ablility and willingness to shell out every month.

This is rather reminiscent ...

... of the famous story of the new British judge (when sodomy was illegal) who was pondering the appropriate sentence during his first trial for the offence. He approached the Lord Chief Justice and asked "What would you give a man who allowed himself to be buggered?". "Oh," replied the LCJ, "Three or four pounds - whatever I had on me at the time". There is no "standard" allowance; what can you afford and, of that, how much do you want to give?

Quote Originally Posted by jomtien2007
    Buy him a Karaoke that sells food and drink with a room upstairs, you've saved money straight way,as co owner you pay nowt!
    How many relatives, Rai of Land and Buffalos does he have?
    100,000 baht per month for starters, if he's not a gambler
    Try "all" for starters and see what works!
    It's all a dream, carry on and enjoy it!

Sorry

Jomtien 2007,

Excuse the wit and sarcasm. I was a bit bored.

I would wait a little while until your holiday sentiments cool off.

A sad reality, which many of us have learnt in the past, is that "All that glitters, is not Gold"

You, at this moment may not know your holiday feelings or true feelings, neither do they. You should wait and see how it pans out.

Telephone a couple or three times a week, Emails and texts, sms's tend to be done, [ at a price] by people who usually have a better command of English than the people you meet and do not necessarily reflect the points your friend is trying to convey. unless its asking for money!

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by kenc
    To answer your questions direct (and this is only my feeling on the subject):

1,000 baht per day. Karaoke, gifts, phone cards etc are not considered "payment" or "tip". (boy, I can hear all the Farangs holler'n already!)

12,000 to 16,000 baht per month with occasional "presents" for holidays, birthdays etc.

Unless the guy is really computer savvy you'd better stick to phone calls 1-3 times a week. Most Thais can't write English well enough to carry on a useful conversation that way.
    I am pleased to know that I am not cheap charlie. You are spot on with your estimates IMHO.

Cheers
    Krobbie

kenc and Krobbie

Guys,

Your estimates are a little over on the monthly amount I think? [ especially in the early days] you tend to find when they have surplus cash and time on their hands, well, we all know.

The rest is fine, but if you start looking at Thai Managers salaries in small Hotels etc. they are at this level.

The average Isaarn worker is 200 baht per day, that's a reasonable manual job.

Skilled Electricians in my previous Hotel, aren't receiving that amount nor in any other Hotel.

I think you are a little in the bracket of "kind to generous ' but if you can afford it,carry on.

A small point, a lot of posters tend to confuse or include the fact that they have bought meals, gifts etc and include this in the equation, hardly fair, you can say No, if asked, or simply, that if they want to purchase an item, eg. "The usual mobile phone" then it is deducted off their pay/salary at the end.

I guarantee they will try the Heart strings to get you to pass it over or forget about it.

Many will find, that the first time, payment day by day is best.