Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Pattaya Gay Festival Jomtien Beach Party success

Pattaya Gay Festival Jomtien Beach Party success

Not just a success but a fabulous one at that with in excess of 300,000 baht raised for the PGF Charity funds.

Jim admitted that they were worried that the event might not take off but over 200 paid for entrance and a few peeked over the railings.

The area was beautifully laid out with red chairs and tabled facing the stage and sitting under the palm tress on the beach wining and dining and with a stunning cabaret is something quite exceptional.

A few amateur snapshots of events:

Cabaret artists included stars from Throb/Splash, Boyz Boyz Boyz, Madam Karen from Australia, Khun Tui, Due - two energetic singer dancers, and many others.

Madam Jim - in elegant civvies - presided with usual effortless aplomb and intoruded Dr. Philippe who explained the dire need for money to provide HIV/AIDS victims with appropriate drugs over and above those provided by the state. He told us that each month in Chonburi Hospital 20 to 30 people die from this dreadful disease

Roll on the events at Bruno's, Mr PGF at Boyz Boyz Boyz and The PGF Streetparty. Jim did sasy that his aim was to raise over a million baht over these events and I think that we may confidently predict a good excess.

Liked
    Wowpow, is that Khun Tui with the red sun glasses, silver spikes in his hair, and red-plaid kilt? (if so, I must congratulate him on losing some shyness the next time I see him).

Yes Bob that's Khun Tui though the photo does not do him justice. To my mind nor does the new hair but I'm an old fashioned old fart.

I gather that Khun Tui and his staff had set up the enclosure of the beach and put out all the furniture etc.

I always thought that this was a rather special event and was a little sad when it morphed into the Jomtien Complex street party though that was fun also. Now we have both:

Jomtien International Party
    14 December 2007
    Jomtien Complex @ 7PM

Live music, International stars, Shows & Mr. Gay Jomtien contest
    Food from Flamboyant, Asian Moon and Mignon restaurants

Raffle in aid of HEART 2000 & Take Care Safe Sex prpject

Entrance: 250 Baht
    Tickets will be on sale at many bars/restaurants from 1st December

Liked
    My thanks and credit to Wowpow for stepping into the void that Boxer left and and for bringing us timely pictorials.
    Great stuff Wowpow, thank you. It helps us patriots to picture ourselves there.

I realise that Brian's hobby meant that many readers naturally relied on prominent events being somehow covered. Now that he is no longer with us we cannot take for granted what for many years we enjoyed at the click of a weblink. So I applaud Wowpow for his timely post and I appeal to like minded residents with a digital camera to post any gay community pics for our delight as often as they might. It is appreciated.

Thank You.
    Dick