Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Boys Pattaya

Liked

Crystal Boys Pattaya

Can anyone give an update on the Crystal Boys? How many boys there on an average night? What is the quality? I read early reports of "superstars". Is it Pattaya version of the Bangkok Tawan?

Liked
    Is this place still in existence? Can anyone assist?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

its open...

It is open.

Unfortunately, it attracts the blond Russian speaking women and their cigar smoking men.
    I will check it out after high season when the hordes of straights leave town. Nothing is less
    fun than a boy bar full of farang women and straight men and add alcohol and macho bullshit to
    the mix and the bar is not a fun place.. Same problem at all the boy show bars in Pattayaland sois.

If you must go, then try these bars early and enjoy the 99B. drinks until 10P. Bearable from opening
    until about 9:30P when the hordes descend on bars like BBB, Wild West Boys and probably Splash/Throb.
    :cat:

Liked
    I agree with the posting by catawam.... though I have not been to Crystal Boys I was in Wild West Boys the other night and will be reluctant to go again as not only are the drinks over priced but the selection of boys and the show is nothing special; but mainly the problem is too many straights who gawk at the gay clientele and create a bad atmosphere.
    Does anyone else get the feeling of a bad atmosphere with too many straights or am I being over sensitive?

Quote Originally Posted by zinzone
    Does anyone else get the feeling of a bad atmosphere with too many straights or am I being over sensitive?
    Yes I do and in my opinion, no you are not.

G.

I completely agree. When hanging out in Boyz Town or any of the show bars I have always felt as if we, as gay men, were part of the show that the tourist came to see. And I will admit that several of the posters here on the board are definitely a sight to be seen and photographed, but I chose not to be one of the monkeys in the zoo that the straight have come to see. We have to face it, Boyz Town has become an over priced tourist trap for those who know no better.

I think one of the big draws of Sunee is that we can sit around and enjoy some good company, drinks, and boys with out becoming part of the show. I know that some of the hyperventilating types on the board get all wound up about Sunee and its reputation, but given the choice I will take the Cornor Bar, Come In Bar, and TopMan...if you need a show, over any of the bars in Boyz Town.

Liked

Re: Boring Straights

Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    Perhaps all those boring straight folks who mow the lawn on Saturday and wash their cars on Sunday are just jealous of the gay lifestyle and this is their way of getting a little peek at it.

We should charge 100 baht to pose for photos with the tourists, and maybe charge them 100 baht each to be herded through Boyztown (as quickly as possible) with a guide.
    I walked through BoyzTown last night. A group of, I think Chinese, tourists gawking through the street following a guide complete with a guide flag. And you're right about the prices. We were in BoyzBoyzBoyz, and if you like muscle men, then the outrageous drink prices may not seem so outrageous to you. But, then they have a drag show to spoil the whole thing......

I was also in Star Boys, and the boys there are more "boy-next-door" types, more to my liking, but the hot-wax-drip "show" was not particularly exciting.

Liked
    Thank you for contributions so far. I have not been to Pattaya for a couple of years but on my past visits I have always visited the Boyztown clubs early as those late "shows" don't do much for me and the straight tourists have not been an issue. Getting back to Crystal Boys, assuming you arrive early could I repeat my question as the quality and quantity of the boys and does it compare with the Tawan.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

where is wowpow?

This urgent question would best be answered by an admirer of muscled men and wowpow comes to mind. Where is wowpow to
    answer syd's question?
    There are some well muscled lads at Crystal but it is not like Tawan but perhaps as close was you will get in Pattaya.
    Pattaya is loaded with lady-boys, younger boys in general, and more Isaan (darker skinned) boys than in BKK..
    Really plenty of every type but in general younger and everything cheaper than in the Big Mango...
    Suggest syd checks wowpow historical postings and should find many references to both bars with loads of pix... :cat:

Re: where is wowpow?

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    This urgent question would best be answered by an admirer of muscled men and wowpow comes to mind. Where is wowpow to
    answer syd's question?
    There are some well muscled lads at Crystal but it is not like Tawan but perhaps as close was you will get in Pattaya.
    Pattaya is loaded with lady-boys, younger boys in general, and more Isaan (darker skinned) boys than in BKK..
    Really plenty of every type but in general younger and everything cheaper than in the Big Mango...
    Suggest syd checks wowpow historical postings and should find many references to both bars with loads of pix... :cat:
    Dear Cat,

I go out and socialize a lot with Thai guys and many of them who off guys from the bar share your views and observations above.

Present comments from them, are the bars in Pattaya are flooded with Ladyboys of fem types saying they are gay, so as not to be classed as Ladyboys.