Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 recent (2007) Boyztown / Sunnee gay venue maps

Liked

2 recent (2007) Boyztown / Sunnee gay venue maps

Not sure how well-visited this website is ( http://www.gayaffairspattaya.com/MAPS/maps.htm ). I tripped over it kind of by mistake, but must say I can't recall anyone mentioning it or linking to it in any thread on this Board recently ... if at all.

Lots of photos taken at the show bars in Pattaya (so many lip-synchers ... so many fat boys in drag ... so much makeup), and the site is poorly put together: slow as molasses because of the glitzy/annoying fade-in-fade-out schtick going on with each photo one clicks on. Really bad.

But ... a saving grace: clear, precise, very detailed, and apparently up to date maps (a 'Made in 2007'tag on each map). These puppies are a couple of the best I've ever seen on any of the gay Thailand websites. So kudos to 'Gayaffairspattaya' for that.

BOYZTOWN:

SUNNEE PLAZA:

Cheers ....

Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked
    Nice One Smiles!
    Dick

Liked
    Now, a few of the same quality and up-to-dateness for Jomtien, and Bangkok (Silom/Suriwong etc etc) would be great.

The DreadedNed map for Silom area is at least a year old, and the ones for Sukhumvit & Saphan Kwai are dated 2004. Not sure if they've been updated, but I don't think so. And if they have been, how difficult is it to change the date of last revision on the map?

I understand that this map thing is an onerous task . . . what with places closing and getting re-named all the time. But what good is a map which never gets updated? May as well not have maps at all if is the website's owner does not (somehow) keep them current.

Actually, Sawatdee is not much better. The Resource Forum here is sadly getting old and outdated as far as maps of gay areas is concerned. Most of the maps which are linked to are from DreadedNed's site (whined-about above).

Cheers ...

Liked

Spice

Spice Mag has pretty good maps that seem to be relatively up to date.

http://www.spicemag.net/map.php

Liked
    Thanks fedssocr, good find. I see that they have date-stamped at least the Bangkok / Silom map with 'November, 2007'. Can't find a date on the others.
    The Pattaya map is HUGE and that makes it pretty unwieldy to navigate through . . . but certainly has a very large list of venues.

Cheers ...

Re: 2 recent (2007) Boyztown / Sunnee gay venue maps

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Not sure how well-visited this website is ( http://www.gayaffairspattaya.com/MAPS/maps.htm ). ................

But ... a saving grace: clear, precise, very detailed, and apparently up to date maps (a 'Made in 2007'tag on each map). These puppies are a couple of the best I've ever seen on any of the gay Thailand websites. So kudos to 'Gayaffairspattaya' for that.

Unfortunately Smile, I think you are almost as out of touch as Ned!

The maps don't seem to have been updated in 2007, there are quite a few inaccuracies, especially in Sunnee, and there are also some bars in the wrong location.

As a glaring example, the web site contain several items and pictures about Oscars bar, but the map doesn't show it at all.

Still, better than nothing.

Liked

Re: 2 recent (2007) Boyztown / Sunnee gay venue maps

Quote Originally Posted by gwm4asian
    " ... Unfortunately Smiles, I think you are almost as out of touch as Ned! ... "
    You are probably right.

I remember a few years ago sitting in an easy chair in the open bar/lobby of Howard's Hotel. We were staying there for the first (and last) time a few years ago, and had only arrived a few hours before, so we were just relaxing and watching the crowd go past. Pot was lounging beside me and I took a swig of beer, looked over at him, and said " ... so I wonder where this 'Sunnee Plaza' is located ... ?" :blackeye:

I readily admit to not being very knowledgeable about Pattaya. :cyclopsani:

Cheers ...

Liked

first & last time at howards

please tell - im booked there in january

Liked
    Alipatt ... please check your PM

Liked
    the good thing about the Spice maps is that you pick up the magazine for free at venues all around the country and use the printed maps from the magazine.