Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Pay rise

Pay rise

Daily minimum wages to rise between Bt1 to Bt7

The Central Wage Committee resolved Friday to raise daily minimum wages between Bt1 to Bt7.

Phuket is the only province that gets the Bt7 increase from Bt186 to Bt193, said Juthathawat Intharasuksri, permanent secretary for Labour who chairs the wage committee.

Ten provinces will get a Bt1 increase, 17 provinces Bt2, five provinces Bt4 and two provinces Bt5.

He said the wage committee has yet to consider for an increase of another province wile sub-committees of 20 remaining provinces decided not to seek any increase in the daily minimum wages.

The Nation s0. Oct, 2007

---------

Please note that most employers do not even pay the minimum wages !

Glad I got a better union than that!
    Although 7 bhat on 183 is a 3.8% rise and we'll be lucky to get that this round of negotiations.

Inflation ...

Quote Originally Posted by kenc
    Glad I got a better union than that!
    Although 7 bhat on 183 is a 3.8% rise and we'll be lucky to get that this round of negotiations.
    Annual inflation rate is still around 5 %, definitely for food, textiles, but only little less for medial care.

Official statistics (i.e. BOT), if something like that this is excising and based on actual figures, mixes everything without specifications. Due to the high exchange rate against USD several imports, i.e. petrol and petrol chemical based products are less expensive. But common workers do not drive cars.

As always, the poor are paying the bill.