Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phuket

Phuket

Does anyone know of a good hotel which is near the Harbour in Phuket, as good as the web is I can't find this direct question!

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked
    Which harbour?

www.phuket-tourism.com/how_to_go/harbour.htm

www.thaiwave.com/benjarong/variety/afishytale.htm

www.sailing-asia.com/phuket.htm

Tell us why you want to be next to the harbour, and we could help with which harbour, or which of the various piers, would be appropriate.

As good as the web is, it gave the above three links which cover different harbours, after googling Phuket Harbour.

Which harbour?

Want to go to Phi Phi and Krabi not sure in what order, but want to be near the harbour so I can be there early one morning and get the boat.

Liked
    I wouldn't bother to stay by any dock just to catch a boat to Phi Phi, unless you are there for the sailors!

This link will give you details of boats to Phi Phi and Krabi, with pickups from all over Phuket, and even afternoon departures.

www.phiphi.phuket.com/schedule.htm

the only reason

.. to stay there is to pick up the boat - a walk across the road - I'm not interested in Phuket town at all, will only be there literally overnight.

Liked
    There is no hotel that is a walk across the road from the main Phuket harbours.

You will need transport from any hotel to the main harbours from which large tour boats leave. On the other hand you can leave from several of the piers, or even the beaches around the island, if you want to travel by speedboat. Which piers or beaches depends on the time of year.

Perhaps you will get a better idea if you actually follow the links provided.

Liked
    I might get shot down in flames but Phuket Town is not on the bay

The main area and also for the small gay scene is Patong Beach

This is where the big cruise ships from Singapore come in and berth overnight

I am not an expert but have visited Phuket 4 times in the last 5 years, but I would look for

a hotel in Patong Beach for your one night stay

Try asia-rooms.com

There is a gay patong beach website and a few tourist sites that will give you an indication of

where the wharves are
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Liked
    i wanna go phi phi - hang on, i will be back in a bit!!

i stayed at the paradise complex (where all the main gogo bars are) at phuket, just stroll around to find a travel agent, they will all do all kinds of tours, tailored to you, & pickup from your hotel/guest house, if you are going to islands trip
    i love you, i miss you.............. i lie you

Liked
    Want to go to Phi Phi and Krabi not sure in what order
    There's a boat that goes to Phi Phi from Phuket and another that goes between Phi Phi and Krabi, so going to Phi Phi first makes more sense.

It's been a few years (pre tsunami) but when I was in Phi Phi there was only one boat to Krabi and it was around 2 or 3 pm. Songtows meet the boat in Krabi for all destinations, free I think.

The order I did things in was to fly to Phuket, few days there, then boat to Phi Phi for a few more days and then boat to Krabi. After a stay in Krabi flew out of Krabi airport back to BKK.
    E Dok Tong