Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planning your Xmas hols

Planning your Xmas hols

If you're an inveterate bar-hopper you may want to consider the effect the announced Thai general election date will have on your frolics. The general election is scheduled for December 23rd, which means that that day, just two days before Xmas, may very well be dry ie. no alcohol available. And if is the same as previous general elections, the bars will be closed from 6 PM the day before the election until midnight of the end of the day of the election, meaning the bars would be closed from 6:00 PM on December 22nd until midnight on the 23rd, essentially ruining two nights

Amazing Thailand

Obviously those in power have their own agenda and priorities.

Sounds like the smart move will be to lay in some supplies and invite a few special guests to the room for your own party.

Hotel room parties will be popular.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1
    My location and dates have been in the calendar for months.

The link near the top of the page.

I shall be adding my mobile number as in past years.

Board members Here, GayThailand, BahtBus and Tings n Tongs are welcome to call me after I arrive.

We can arrange a (keep wowpow happy) non advertised event.

P.S. Christmas Luncheon is already committed.

Quote Originally Posted by jinks
    My location and dates have been in the calendar for months.

The link near the top of the page.

I shall be adding my mobile number as in past years.

Board members Here, GayThailand, BahtBus and Tings n Tongs are welcome to call me after I arrive.

We can arrange a (keep wowpow happy) non advertised event.

P.S. Christmas Luncheon is already committed.
    Guys,

My advice is to go to the area around The Nordic group of Apartments and Hotel.[around Pratumnak!]

In all my years in Pattaya I have yet to see the bars in this vicinity give a toss about elections, Buddhist days or anything else. I think they must all be owned by Hard Rock group!

Love all, Serve all....................ALL THE TIME!

Merry Xmas!

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by jinks
    " ... I shall be adding my mobile number as in past years.

Board members Here ... BahtBus
    ... "
    It's Baht Stop.
    Do you think Hedda will be giving you a call? Or a car bomb? :geek:
    Apparently the Israelis are very good at hooking up mobile phones with 'interesting' add-ons.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Not bothered about closed bars but does anyone know if Elections cause any other disruption? I arrive on the day of the Election en-route the next day for Christmas in Cambodia.

I don't think anyone can predict whether or not there will be any nasty incidents on Election Day. Anyway, Christmas is not a Thai holiday, so how can we blame them for screwing up Westerners' plans to get drunk two days in advance of it? A bit much to ask, don't you think, to ask the Thai government to plan something as crucial as an election around a Christian holiday?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cockodile Hunter
    I don't think anyone can predict whether or not there will be any nasty incidents on Election Day. Anyway, Christmas is not a Thai holiday, so how can we blame them for screwing up Westerners' plans to get drunk two days in advance of it? A bit much to ask, don't you think, to ask the Thai government to plan something as crucial as an election around a Christian holiday?
    You should realise by now that all Americans think that the world revolves around them and anything that may possible disrupt their plans is to be regarded a heracy.

Is Homintern American? I'd assumed he was a Brit.