Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Phuket: need hotel/guest house recommendations

Liked

Phuket: need hotel/guest house recommendations

Will be in Phuket soon and would appreciate any recent experiences/ recommendations or otherwise from contributors here who know the hotel etc scene.

Which is better: Connect or Aquarius or some other, and why?

Glad for any helpful input,
    Thank you.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1
    zinzone, I wouldn't give either my money. They just look a bit ... scabby. I have to admit I have not stayed there as I like a bit more comfort and a swimming pool (amputee - right leg below knee). You should be able to get really good prices at some of the other places now that it's low season.

Forum's veteran
    zinezone,
    Have a look on Dreaded Ned's. He's usually got some info on where decent to put your head and other things.

www.dreadedned.com/directory/bytype/4/3/

Good site for general info.

Cheers :-)
    K.

I just left Phuket after several days at Club One Seven www.cluboneseven.net and had a great time. It is a 15 minute walk from the Paradise complex where most of the gay bars are located (5 minutes by tuk tuk or motorbike taxi), but is nice and quiet at night, has a great staff that makes you feel at home, and a new pool garden in the back yard with a nice happy hour. Guest are no problem, and your room inculdes breakfast for two. Look at the web site, and see what you think!

Liked

A few suggestions ... the regular nuggets ...

Club Seven Hotel (link above) is apparently very nice . . . our strange Moderator jinks' signs of approval are everywhere on this one. The website makes it look quite beautiful. Prices are mid-range and it is a good walk to both the beach and the Paradise. Probably noisy if your room faces the main road.

Agree somewhat with the above statements about Connect. It seems to be an icon or sorts, but we stayed there and I thought the rooms very small, and frankly, not so clean. Very noisy at night if your room faces the street, which didn't bother me so much, but if you're a light sleeper you'll hate it.

Siam Palm is a sweet little place a few blocks away from the Paradise Complex, and a few blocks awayt from the beach ( http://www.siam-palm.com/index2.html ). Just took a look at their website again and the prices have gone up quite a lot since the last time we stayed there. Breakfast is included, and it's excellent.

The Rendezvous Hotel ( http://www.boontarika.com/hotel.htm ) is a good choice if you want to stay in the Paradise Complex, yet stay away from the noise. If you choose it, go for the more expensive but larger rooms. The small rooms are very small.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

I stay at Siam Palm 3 times but...They construct a new building in the front !!! Very noisy in the morning i guess .

I be back in Phuket next Jan. and Feb. and booked Blue dolphin, http://www.bluedolphinphuket.com/, it is quiet , 50 meter from beloved Soi and 300 meter from the beach. But... In case of booking , a deposit of 25 % must be paid on there Thai bank account ( can not whit Visa ) and it will not be refundable !

Smiles wrote :

not so clean

which didn't bother me so much
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Canadians ! :clown:

Forum's veteran

Re: A few suggestions ... the regular nuggets ...

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    our strange Moderator jinks
    I am homosexual, gay, a shirt lifter, poofter, etc etc but ????? STRANGE ?

At least you used a small j.

Liked

Re: Phuket: need hotel/guest house recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by zinzone
    Will be in Phuket soon ...
    Which is better: Connect or Aquarius or some other, and why?
    I love Phuket. Back in 2000 I made my first visit to Thailand, staying in Phucket for two weeks at Thara Patong Hotel. (I'm pictured relaxing in their pool on adverts that they still use today). I've visited one or two times a year since then, but I now stay much longer, so I try to find a better deal.
    I usually book one night in a guesthouse, to relax after my flight, and (if I'm not happy with the room) I spend a couple of hours taking a tour of the hotels/guesthouses in the area. I find that they're all very keen for my business and more than happy to give me a tour of their facilities and rooms. Simply choose which room/price works for you. Unless you're trying to find a room during the highest of the high season (Christmas) you won't find a problem finding a room.
    Over the years I've seen many rooms in Patong and stayed at quiet a few as well, I think that www.knphuket.com is good value (after negotiation) but why not take a look for yourself before deciding?