Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAKE ATM's and card stealers

Liked

FAKE ATM's and card stealers

Have any of you heard stories in Pattaya about ATM's setup to steal your card info and password. I found this story in the Phuket online paper.

PATONG: Police are warning credit card and bank card holders to exercise caution when using ATMs and other тАЬswipeтАЭ machines in Patong after an ATM on Soi Bangla was found fitted with devices capable of recording card data and pin numbers.

Kathu Police Superintendent Col Grissak Songmoonnark told the Gazette that Patong police received a call from an English tourist about 11 pm Friday after he had problems using his credit card to withdraw cash from an ATM on Soi Bangla.

Col Grissak said that after the tourist removed his cash from the machine, he found it difficult to remove his card because it was stuck in the insert hole.

тАЬHe then tried to force his card out and he was surprised when a fitting glued over the insert hole came loose,тАЭ Col Grissak said.

Full story here. http://phuketgazette.com/news/index.asp?id=5914

Similar Threads:
    These are the good'ol days

Forum's veteran
    Liked

indeed there is one in Pattaya

"FAKE ATM's and card stealers "..goes by the name of Mrs O'Booze and should be avoided at all costs.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

DELETED

Liked
    Regret to say skimming devices have been found here in New Zealand as well.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by alipatt
    " ... Regret to say skimming devices have been found here in New Zealand as well ... "
    . . . and lots here in Canada, tra la. Perhaps Delaware is immune from this old gig. Perhaps Bucknaway just isn't paying attention.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I notice that Boygeenyus has morphed into a Daisy Cutter today. ELEPHANTSPIKE!!!!

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Those and the lebanese loop have been around for years in the west. Surprised it took the Thais so long to pick up on it. Almost every ATM in the UK has a sign on it telling you if there is anything remotely suspicious about the machine - not to use it and gives a freephone or or other number to call.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    I notice that Boygeenyus has morphed into a Daisy Cutter today.

Cheers ...
    I can't imagine this is true, heavens alive BG? Not like him at all.
    But ELEPHANTSPIKE!!!! this daisy thing morphed earlier today to try and destroy the Thai peanut-butter thread with misguided American patriotism/nationalism, he is not at all nice, thats for sure. I hope ELEPHANTSPIKE!!!! has not gone on hols yet or we are left dealing with a loose cannon in a china shop on our own.

Stupid racist comment

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter
    Oh, yes. Sabotaged ATM's are all over the place. Better just face up to the facts now: the little brown thieves are going to get your hard-earned black-homosexual-Republican American dollars one way or another. Best thing to do would be to stay at home.

All over the globe you need aware about sabotaged ATM machines. This is nothing new.

Just take care and check the ATM if the layout is different from others you've been using before. Most alterations are pretty obvious. If your are having doubts, use another one.

Any insertion, plastic or other always carries risks. With plastic I prefer doing it with ATMs inside manned banking premises and even then I cover my keying hand with the other hand when giving the pin - there are cameras everywhere (some of them invisible).

Quote Originally Posted by 555
    Any insertion, plastic or other always carries risks.
    A very apposite comment for a gay board ! :geek: