Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swiss Lodge Inn

Liked

Swiss Lodge Inn

I am at that point where I am looking for hotels to use in Bangkok. Have any of you used the Swiss Lodge in Bangkok? If you have could you tell me the good and bad of it?

These are the good'ol days

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked
    No more Babylon? Stay at Chin House, Saladeang, it's our home away from home, when In Bangkok. It's like staying in an apartment block with security. The security will not bat an eye, however many friends you turn up with, nor will they check IDs, so both your respectable and less respectable friends will be happy to visit. It's a short walk to the bars in Silom, Suriwong.

You can stock your own fridge, and you have your own little kitchen and there is also room service, and the thai and farang food is good by hotel standards. They also don't mind if you want a takeaway delivered. Don't miss the great Chinese noodle shop on the corner of Saladaeng and Silom, and although they are usually sold out by 1400, they are a great brunch.

Liked: 1
    Agree with Brad

I have stayed at the Chin House 10 times and wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else. I said this before on another thread that a couple of years ago I came with a group of 10 queens from Saudi and we took a whole floor. One night we had a party in one of the 2 bedroom apartments and I guess we had 30 or so people. No complaints at all.

They don't advertise this but if you are on a budget which I know Buck will appreciate they have studio rooms for 2,000 Bt a night. You must call and book well in advance as they only have about 12 of these rooms.
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Swiss Lodge Inn is not gay friendly

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    I am at that point where I am looking for hotels to use in Bangkok. Have any of you used the Swiss Lodge in Bangkok? If you have could you tell me the good and bad of it?
    Swiss lodge Inn is well positioned between all central and gay locations. It's a nice and well maintained place. Not cheap at all. I’ve got several complaints from (well behaved) friends that this place is definitely not gay-friendly at all.

that's strange ...

... it used to be gayfriendly, way back in '97/98 but perhaps has changed hands now. There used to be a guy on the front desk who was a "friend of dorothy" and made us welcome. Yes it was on the pricey side, but it was a nice hotel with swimming pool and very centrally located.

Use alternatives ...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDesire
    ... it used to be gayfriendly, way back in '97/98 but perhaps has changed hands now. There used to be a guy on the front desk who was a "friend of dorothy" and made us welcome.

Swiss Lodge is now well established at its boutique market segment won't need the pink baht anymore. I don't recommend this place anymore since first complaints occur in 2001 or so.

Yes it was on the pricey side, but it was a nice hotel with swimming pool and very centrally located.

In Silom Soi 5, the good old Trinity is popular, nearly as good, less than half price and everything – including a very nice gay friendly service.

There are always alternatives. Just open your mind and use them ….

It the same with tatty the Narai Hotel on Silom; not gay friendly, Runed down with tour groups. But opp, the the Triple A Htel belongs to the Narai Group, is gay friendly, better and an excellent alternative .[/color].

Yes, I have stayed there. I think it is overpriced for what it is and they have a joiner fee. Try the Trinty Silom Hotel. It is just behind the Bangkok Bank on Silom. It is a business class hotel and they will never say a word about your guest. 1,300 Baht including a buffet breakfast if you book online through the thaivisa web site.

http://www.r24.org/hotels.thaivisa.com/ ... y/details/

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala
    No more Babylon? Stay at Chin House, Saladeang,.
    I still plan to rent a room for a night or two at Babylon but I won't stay there as much as I did last time. I like Babylon but I am tired of going up to the 6th floor then walking the steps to get to my room.... And with all my luggage... It is a pain in the butt!

Also... Babylon is not all that great for long stays. With everything bolted down and cemented... I feel like they like me.... but don't trust me.. LOL

Liked

Babylon/Swiss Lodge,etc

I agree, Babylon is really only a one or two night place and for that it's perfect apart from the location which could be a tad more convenient. Some friends of mine stayed at Swiss Lodge about 6 months ago, no complaints but thought it a bit pricey.
    If your on a budget it is hard to go pass the Pinnacle booked via Jimmy. A deluxe room for two for about 1300baht including two quite decent buffet breakfasts. At times there is the odd report of problems with guests, but I nor any of the many friends who use the hotel have ever encountered any, so I suspect must have been unusual circumstances.
    Jimmy seems to account for about 30-40% of their bookings so it is well patronized by like minded souls and breakfast in the morning looks like a re-run of Soi 4 in the evening.
    The location is better than Babylon although about the same distance from Silom......it's closer to shops and Lumpini Underground station is a 2 or 3 minute walk away.
    jimmyfirst@hotmail.com........although Jimmy works on his own and can be quite slack about confirming.

Liked
    I have a little to play with.. I want to keep my 20 day room cost at about $1,500 USD so that is about $75 a day or B2,442.5 baht.... So I have room to try a decent hotel.