Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Monday 13th February Makha Bucha Day Buddhist holiday

Monday 13th February Makha Bucha Day Buddhist holiday

Thsi is a very important day in the Buddhist calendar commemorating Buddha's first sermon. Bars are usually closed out of respect but up to the Police. Monday 13th is a holiday in lieu and some businesses, banks and government offices will be closed.

All the info that I call up on the net say it's on Sunday but several Thai people tell it's on Monday?

Edited to correct date. Thank you Balcony.

Liked

Macha Bucha Day is on Monday 13 February

All the info that I call up on the net say it's on Sunday but several Thai people tell it's on Monday
    I think this is a classic case of тАШyou should not believe everything you read on the InternetтАЩ.

According to the Thai printed calendar in my office, Macha Bucha Day is on Monday 13 February. We also have a letter from the local police telling us that it is on Monday 13 February. We can open on Macha Bucha Day for food and soft drinks only.

Sunday 12 February we are open as normal serving our full food and alcoholic drinks menus.

Monday 13 February we are open for food and soft drinks only.

Tuesday 14 February is ValentineтАЩs Day. If the rigors of going without alcohol for 1 day on Monday have left you wrecked then please drop by for some of our special ValentineтАЩs Champagne Cocktails complete with a strawberry garnish and a smile from the waiter. :love3:
    [url="http://www.balconypub.com"]www.balconypub.com[/url]