Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Hotels in Pattaya and BKK

Hotels in Pattaya and BKK

I haven't been to Thailand since 05 and am looking for Gay friendly accommo in BKK and PTYA. Used to stay in the Grand hotel in Soi 14 PTYA but wish to change. Any good suggestions? Sunnee Plaza area? What about BKK? Preferably in Silom area. Suggestions? Long-time residents and anyone else with good info, please help. Regards.
    Will be travelling in august - October this year.

Re: Hotels in Pattaya and BKK

Quote Originally Posted by thaba
    I haven't been to Thailand since 05 and am looking for Gay friendly accommo in BKK and PTYA. Used to stay in the Grand hotel in Soi 14 PTYA but wish to change. Any good suggestions? Sunnee Plaza area? What about BKK? Preferably in Silom area. Suggestions? Long-time residents and anyone else with good info, please help. Regards.
    Give Jomtien area a try. Hang out on the beach during the day and explore Boyz town or Sunnee at night. 10 minutes baht ride from Jomtien to Boyz Town/Sunnee.

Try a serviced apartment instead of a hotel - View Talay 5 would be my recommendation - check out our website: www.asian-escapes.com You'll enjoy your stay.

Re: Hotels in Pattaya and BKK

Quote Originally Posted by thaba
    Pattaya - you can't go wrong with either Le Cafe Royale or Ambience hotel both right in the centre of Boyztown.
    Avoid the Sunee Plaza area for accommodation unless you want to be continually pestered every night by drug pushers and under-age kids.
    Maipenrai's suggestion for Jomtien is worth considering in which case Tui's place (no web site) or the Avalon beach resort both on and next to the area of the gay beach at Dongtan are suggested. If you want to frequent the Boyztown/Sunee Plaza/Day Night areas for the bars and clubs every or most nights, Jomtien is not the best place to stay - there is sometimes a problem getting a baht bus late at night (unless you are willing to submit to the driver's demands for a much higher fare at that time).

Bangkok - the Tarntawan Place (mostly gay guests) is 2 or 3 minutes walk to the Patpong/Soi Twilight/Silom 4 bars and is highly recommended .
    Avoid the Suriwongse hotel which is well past it's sell-by-date. It is in drastic need of refurbishment and modernisation - in fact the place stinks - literally.

http://www.caferoyale-pattaya.com/

http://www.ambiance-pattaya.com/

Tui's Place: Tel 038 251432 or 251435, Fax 038 370136, email tui_69@hotmail.com

http://www.avalonbeachresort.com/

http://www.tarntawan.com/

Liked
    buaseng wrote:
    Pattaya
    Avoid the Sunee Plaza area for accommodation unless you want to be continually pestered every night by drug pushers and under-age kids.
    I assume you are talking from personal experience buaseng. Which places in Sunee Plaza and Jomtien area have u stayed in?

I have frequented Sunee Plaza for 5 years and have never been pestered by kids or drug pushers. I do think that the hotels in Sunee are probably better used as short-time rooms if you are into that type of thing.

Maipenrai's suggestion for Jomtien is worth considering in which case Tui's place (no web site) or the Avalon beach resort both on and next to the area of the gay beach at Dongtan are suggested. If you want to frequent the Boyztown/Sunee Plaza/Day Night areas for the bars and clubs every or most nights, Jomtien is not the best place to stay - there is sometimes a problem getting a baht bus late at night (unless you are willing to submit to the driver's demands for a much higher fare at that time)
    If you are reasonably street wise you should not have any problem getting a baht bus to Jomtien for a reasonable rate. Anything between 20 and 100 baht late at night is probably reasonable. Boys town hotels have small rooms and offer poor value for money. They have no view and no swimming pool. The condos suggested have pools and the money you save versus Boyz Town hotels can be spent on Baht buses.

[/quote]
    Being gay can be such a pain in the ass

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. Has anyone got suggestions for the Sunnee area in particular??