Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HIV check for Sexworkers

HIV check for Sexworkers

Few days ago some doctor from Banglamung Hospital came around and said, that the boys must make a HIV test. I personally refuse that boys going to make this kinds of test under pressure. If that there free will, I am ok with that. What about the foreigners? Are they going to make some kind of test before they offing someone. I know some infected HIV foreign bastards come to Thailand to infecting sex workers on purpose.

I'm not adverse to mandatory HIV (and other STD) testing for "boys" working at a bar, as long as there is also a provision for counseling and treatment as well.

Liked
    I am somewhat confused at Krazydragons response to HIV testing.....???? He s taking as an attack fromauthorities who are happily trying to test as many as possible...? and he is a responsible bar owner...? Of course one should not be forced against their will to take the test....but i would hope that responsible bar owners should encourage and educate the boys that it is the right thing to do....?? I would encourage all...Thai and Falang alike to get tested....!!! Was the doctor providing this service for free......? Do not bar owners who employ sex workers have some responsibility in promoting safe sex and encourage all Workers and Customers to get STD test. Maybe its just me.....but the response from Krazydragon is a bit confusing. Was the doctor dictating that all must take the test even if they did not want to...? Or was he just passionate about his job.......and trying to encourage all to be tested..?

Liked
    I am in full support of sex workers being tested if their test results are kept private.
    These are the good'ol days

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    Prostitution should be fully legalised in Thailand and the earnings of sex workers taxed in exactly the same way that all other income and earnings are taxed. Legalised prostitution brings the industry out of the shadows, helps prevents corruption, kick-backs to the authorities, and allows appropriate rules of health and safety to be established for sex workers including regular STD checks. Legalised prostitution allows brothel owners to arrange for safe sex education classes for the prevention of HIV/Aids and other STDs to be regularly held for its workers without fear that in doing so, the owner or bar will be subject to legal sanction or arrest for living off the earnings of prostitution or providing a place for prostitution. Legalised prostitution also allows (requires) brothel owners to promote safe sex practices through posters, flyer's and the provision of condoms and lubricants to its clients, in the open, without fear of arrest. Legalised prostitution also allows sex workers and brothel owners to say no to clients they do not wish to serve, such as those they have reason to believe engage in unsafe sex practices or are infected with an STD. Legalised prostitution makes prostitution safer for both the sex worker, the brothel owner and the client.

In it's absence you end up with the situation that currently exists in Thailand, and I can fully understand Kraydragon's reluctance to get involved in the compulsory HIV testing of his bar boys. It opens far too big a can of worms. In this situation he and his boys have no legal protections whatsoever, and the whole process verges on farce, as he rightly points out, the farang are not tested for HIV yet there are known HIV positive farang deliberately having unprotected sex with Thai sex workers. So why should the boys be the ones who are tested. After all HIV doesn't come from Thailand you know. Farang took it there.
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Liked

HIV testing

If this is the prevailing attitude in Thailand ...which i dont think is shared by most

When the boys in Brown do their next raid.......HIV test should be mandatory for all including Falang...for all bars not just gay bars......!!

This will be happening if the HIV situation worsens in Thailand.........

Any one HIV positive purposely having unprotected sex to infect someone weather Thai or Falang should be jailed........And how do you get this info anyways Aunty......that there are HIV positive Falang purposely having unprotected sex with Thai sex workers......? How do you know this is true..... Why would someone knowingly do this to another life.......I think not

certainly many people have HIV and dont even know it.....Thais and Falang alike....hence the need for testing for all...!!

Testing for STDs for people working in bars does not prove anything happening illegal. Having sex is not illegal in Thailand...Helloooo Only prostitution

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked

Re: HIV testing

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak
    If this is the prevailing attitude in Thailand ...which i dont think is shared by most

........And how do you get this info anyways Aunty......that there are HIV positive Falang purposely having unprotected sex with Thai sex workers......? How do you know this is true..... Why would someone knowingly do this to another life.......I think not
    Well sadly there are people in this word who hate and who hurt, and who do so deliberately, with malice, and with satisfaction. I have certainly read of and heard about (from our own Aids Foundation) cases of gay men who when they found out they were infected with HIV set out to deliberately infect as many other men as possible to exact their revenge. I have also read of cases where gay men who believe they became infected while on holiday in LOS, return to infect other Thai sex workers, again to exact their revenge. And of course there are those who know they are HIV positive but refuse to practice safe sex, or tell their sex partners their HIV status. And those who refuse to practice safe sex because they don't believe HIV exists anyway, it's all a CIA plot. There are dumb, insane and dangerous people in this world, we have them on this board! And the weirdest of the lot in my view are the bug chasers and gift givers and the conversion parties. I'll leave you to read up on that happy little lot!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4895012.stm
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Liked

sex

I think the workers should be tested as long as they can be educated about the transmition of hiv and prevention.Its insane if anyone working in this industry does not know of the risk involved.Bar owners should care about their workers health. Farangs should be tested also,I dont know the logistics of how to do it,but Im sure that many who know they are positive are infecting young Thais. Imho most farangs are aware of how hiv is transmitted,the same cant be said of younger sex workers.And it must start with the workers in these bars and clubs to protect themselves.No one can harm you if you know how to protect yourself.By useing condoms for anal sex at all times,no matter how much baht someone offers them. Its really that simple,but someone or group must educate these guys. If i owned a bar I sure as hell would make sure my workers knew all about protection and risk involved so they would not spend a lifetime of misery taking drugs trying to stop a virus that will eventually kill them.

Liked: 1
    Perhaps the owner of Krazy Dragon would like to enlighten us on the measures he takes to minimise the chances of disease transmission between his employees and his customers (in either direction), while engaged in the activities from which he profits ? Otherwise his concern for the 'rights' of his boys to refuse an AIDs test might appear a bit hollow.

Liked
    Even giving Krazydragon a great deal of latitude in that English is not his first language, his comments were so ambiguous you could almost read anything into them.
    E Dok Tong