Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Bungalow in Korat?

Liked

Bungalow in Korat?

Hope to slip away to Korat for a few days; haven't been in a number of years. Can someone suggest a bungalow-ish type place I could go and take a friend (or three)? Bonus points awarded if in walking distance of swimmin' hole/waterfall.

Liked
    I don't know if I would enter a watering hole in Khorat city but Khao Yai National Park is just to the southwest of Khorath (Nakhon Ratchasima) or Khorat. There are several lodges in and around the park. I might be headed up that way next week and will let you know.
    E Dok Tong

Korat

Khao Yai National Park is situated West of Korat and south of Pakchong. It is very hilly, beautiful jungle, waterfalls and wildlife and there are bungalows in the park for rent or you can even go camping there.
    See www.thaiforestbooking.com
    There are also a number of good hotels with swimming pool like the Juldis Hotel and Bonanza Ranch (all with local cowboys). Khao Yai is also now an important wine growing region and you can go and visit Khao Yai Winery, PB Valley and Granmonte.
    It is worth going for at least 2/3 nights and is very peaceful, but would recommend a car to get about.

Liked
    Thanks jomtiengayguide for the link
    National Parks Bookings. I went ahead and booked a cottage at the Bonanza for next week.

Anyone interested in a trip report, send me a pm next week and I will respond personally. Posting trip reports that have noting to do with boy bars, sex shows and/or Pattaya seem to have little interest and the thread drops out of sight quickly. Not that boy bars, sex shows and Pattaya are bad things.
    E Dok Tong

Liked

Update with my experience

I never got a reply from that National Park booking site. I filled in all the forms and got am automated response that within 3 to 24 hours I would get a confirmation of availability. Then nothing. You would think that Jimmy of the Pinnacle has taken over the reservation service.

Since it was well past 24 hours, I just called the hotel direct and they knew nothing of my booking request. They then quoted a price for the same room 400B less per night than the web site and did not even want a deposit!

So, nice site, but don't use it for booking, just for information. Some of these booking sites do give better rates than you get with the hotel but not in this case.
    E Dok Tong

I would love to hear your trip report Trongpai. I think trip reports are far more interesting than the bitching / points scoring we often see here. Please post it in the open forum, but if you prefer, a PM report as originally suggested would be very welcome.
    Thanks.

Restaurants in Khao Yai

By the way, if you are in need of some good farang food in Khao Yai, the Juldis Hotel have a good steakhouse and not far from there is the Fabb Fashion Cafe which is also pretty good. There is no good food outlets near the Bonanza but its 10 mins by car to the main road to Khao Yai.
    Have a good trip

Re: Report

DELETED