Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood on the Streets

Blood on the Streets

PS: Off topic but rumor has it that there will be some violence in BKK starting late the 29th or 30th. A few of us who live here are heading up north for a week. I hope it is just a rumor.
    This was hidden in the censorship sucks thread. If there is anything in it people arriving shortly would surely be interested.

I arrive next week....

so does anyone know anything more about this rumor?

This is different than a rumor. There are logical reasons to expect some kind of civil unrest around the time of the day of decision, 30 May. The recent coup was bloodless, but Thai history shows these types of conflicts are not always bloodless, and there has been alot of tension built up since the coup because the new government has been so ineffective. Tension seeks release. Often that means blood. I hope it doesn't come to that, of course, but caution is a good idea now.

DELETED

Funny, since he was responsible for putting them there to begin with.

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    Exactly! Did he really say all those things, or is he being misquoted?
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Quote Originally Posted by Aunty
    Exactly! Did he really say all those things, or is he being misquoted?
    I would be keen to know also, I know he was advising the judges both involved and not involved with the decision making on whether to disolve Thai Rak Thai and the Democratic Party TO BE VERY VERY CAREFUL or they may be compounding the problem!

Not really sure he was responsible for the coup[ Boygeenyus] or it was people very close to him,that were a bit pissed off with Premier Thaksin trying to upset the historical leadership protocol which had always been going on in the Military and trying to bring his own people in there as well.

If he haid anymore, I really would like to know, as that would not be good!

Liked: 1
    Bangkok Pundit offers his translation and interpretation of what the King said ...
    http://bangkokpundit.blogspot.com/2007/ ... -king.html
    (Note that the entire blogspot domain is apparently blocked by some ISPs in Thailand !)

This was the Nation's report ...
    http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/05 ... 035153.php

Don't expect to be enlightened by any of this !

Some countries have issued advisaries for 29-31 May.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingthing
    He also apparently made comments like public office was to serve the people and not just an excuse to take as much as you can.
    Gee, I wonder who he meant by that.

Yep, Thailand has some pretty lousy leadership. But in that you don't get idiots worried about how they are going to look in history. They have worse features, IMO. If the military government didn't play piss-le-tie-squat with internet censorship I might still support thrm openly, Now, my support is silent, just waiting till the end of a year (plus a little more, Maybe) to give 'em all the chance. Then? Chaos, probably. But since when does Thailand not get through chaos (again)? No worries.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Bangkok Post

It was in the newspaper, Bangkok Post, a couple days ago about a possiblility of demonstrations and things getting out of control. I was surprised the Bangkok Post printed such an article that seemed to be written by Fox News.