Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bengal Cyclone to unleash heavy rains around Thailand

Bengal Cyclone to unleash heavy rains around Thailand

Bengal Cyclone to unleash heavy rains around country: Meteorological
    Breaking News The Nation

The Meteorological Department warned Monday heavy rains would continue in many provinces around the country for a few days due to influence of a cyclone in Bengal Bay. The department announced in a press release that a depression storm in the bay had gained more strength and upgrade and into a cyclone. As of 4 am Monday, it was located at about 550 kilometres west of Rangoon and was heading toward Burma.

The influence of the storm caused the low pressure ridge across the lower central region, upper northern region and eastern region to have more power. The low pressure ridge coupled with the southwest monsoon wind, heavy rains will fall in many provinces around the country.

The department warned residents of Mae Hong Son, Chiang Mai, Lampang, Tak, Kamphaeng Phet, Nakhon Sawan, Uthai Thani, Kanchanaburi and Ratchaburi to brace themselves for heavy downpours and flash floods.

The Nation

Uh oh, wowpow's big toe's a twitchin'! There's a staarm a-comin'!

Uh...no...just another cut-and-paste from The Nation.

How

How can I get my eyes to UN-glaze after reading the weather report ? No offence Wow P. Just a bit boring though.

Liked
    well whatever it is, it just hit. Heavy wind/rain in pattaya at the moment.

Dboy

These reports are not boring to my boyfriend. He was flooded out two weeks ago and when I spoke to him on his mobile I could hardly hear him above the noise of the rain. If more is heading his way then it's best to be warned.

Anyone who's not interested in such threads, try reading the title first and ignore them rather than pointless moaning after the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Kun Jon
    These reports are not boring to my boyfriend. He was flooded out two weeks ago and when I spoke to him on his mobile I could hardly hear him above the noise of the rain. If more is heading his way then it's best to be warned.

Anyone who's not interested in such threads, try reading the title first and ignore them rather than pointless moaning after the event.
    What fun is that?

Hey

Its my party and I'll cry if I want to.

Thank you

Oooh thank-you WowPow! Any idea when it will hit and when it will leave, this is critical information for me, do I need to knock myself out with ketamine or any other horse strength sedative for the flight Saturday coming? I get very nervous especially as the plane hits those gigantic tsunami like updrafts over the mountains somewhere around the Vietnam, Laos border, all I need is a Cyclone in the general area.

I am a very keen weather watcher, and have been known to cancel a flight for this sort of thing, following a very nasty incident over Sumatra. The plane/pilot (Silk air) flew straight through a tropical storm. All was going very well as the monstrous clouds and thick grey murk punctuated with lightening flashed passed our windows, this was the exciting bit of course, but immediately on exit from the storm, the world fell out of the bottom of the plane, it just dropped like a stone.
    To this day I do not know how we survived, possible we hit a life saving up current, with the engines emitting a terrifying shrill primordial scream, we seemed to at the last moment do a heart wrenching swoop upwards again.

I so hate it when other passengers clap.

Please feel free to give us an hourly report on conditions.

Well I missed that one!

Im an avid wether watcher and one of the sites I monitor is the "Joint typhoon warning center" of the US Navy :https://metocph.nmci.navy.mil/jtwc.php

Its been very boring the last few weeks with nothing happening so I only check in every couple of days and I missed this one completely.
    Yesterday when I called boyfriend he said it was raining heavily and lots of thunder and lightning (Chianat provence)

train spotters unite

That is an avid weather watcher KenC, I tend to start about a day before departure. I will look up that site, is it open to the general public? About a year ago it was discovered that the pilots on China air, had no clue how to use the storm warning/navigation equipment on their craft. luckily I have never used them before, but it makes you wonder. To put our minds at ease they issued a statement that all their pilots would immediately get a "crash" course in how to use the equipment. This of course led to much merriment all round. At least they owned up to it.
    I am sure the others just do as Silk Air does and fly bang straight through the things, storms must come as much as a surprise to the pilots as to the passengers?

Wether, Noun-male sheep especialy a castrated one? Sheep, usualy horned, ruminant, related to the goat.