Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eva air delays LHR_BKK_LHR

Eva air delays LHR_BKK_LHR

Have you ever notice that most of the time you
    fly this route with eva; london-bangkok, its almost fashionable to have a delay either going or returning home.....

This was the case a few weeks ago when the plane left bkk

You would think by now that whatever seems to be causing the delays, that this would be fixed or retified by now, as the longer a plane over stays its slot at the airfield, it them incurs fines for doing so, yet over my past 4 years experience, this seems to predictable with eva - whats going on here?!

Liked

Standard Operating Procedure

I've flown with EVA (LAX to BKK) about a dozen times. Returning from LOS just the other day, I was in the EVA Taipei lounge when I heard a EVA stewardess say something about EVA Air being very consistent. Seizing the chance, I said that I had flown EVA on about 48 segments and I fully agree with the "consistency" notion - as EVA was extremely consistent as they never start boarding on time nor have they ever taken off on time. She didn't appreciate my honest comment.

(Nevertheless, I have always enjoyed the service, clean bathrooms, etc., and will continue to fly EVA as they are "pretty much" on time and I really like the Elite/Evergreen Deluxe service).

Liked
    Fly this route a couple of times a year but have not experienced delays of more than a few minutes, lucky perhaps especially since I have a connection at Heathrow.

What has greatly annoyed me is that EVA seem to be reluctant to confirm seats for mileage upgrades to Premium Laurel (Business). In the past confirmed seats could be obtained by a visit to Green Tower, but these days it seems to be available only at checkin or, as happened to me recently, only at the gate. I declined the offer of an upgrade at the gate. It's almost as though they do not want to honour their 'frequent flier miles' at all. Perhaps other have had a better experience.

After 7 years of using EVA I'm seriously considering flying via the Gulf (Etihad) and, since I have to connect a Heathrow anyway, it takes about the same time though departure times are less convenient.

When I used to fly EVA, I never had a problem using my miles to upgrade to business class. Just a simple phone call. I was never turned down as long as their were any remaining business class seats. They would reassign me a business class seat and email me a new itinerary showing the upgrade.

Bob, If your flying LAX to BKK, you should really try Thai's Non-stop flight. Their premium economy service is better than EVAs Economy deluxe, and avoiding that 2 or 3 hour layover in Taipei is great. I find the ticket price to be about the same. I was a dedicated EVA customer, but I would never go back now, unless Thai was to discontinue the non-stop service.

If it's any consolation I'm finding SWISS are not particularly good timekeepers.

They are also stingy with allowing pre-booked mileage upgrades which were stated as unavailable although a gate upgrade was obtained. FF tickets into Bangkok are more difficult to get than some other Asian destinations.

... heathrow is a busy airport ...

... that is why. It makes sense.

However, Heathrow has recently (April 21 I think) opened a new tower recently and quote this on the BA airways site.

National Air Traffic Services (NATS) opened a new ┬г50 million control tower at London Heathrow airport on Saturday 21 April 2007.

In order to maintain the very highest levels of safety NATS will restrict the number of aircraft allowed to land each hour for a number of days. This is to provide controllers with time to familiarise themselves with the new tower. All airlinesтАЩ services to and from Heathrow may therefore be subject to some delays at certain times.

British Airways are working very closely with NATS and the airport's operator BAA to ensure that any delays to our flights are kept to a minimum.

Customers are advised that they should check in as normal.
    http://www.britishairways.com/travel/fl ... faqid=2581

Dear Billyhouston,

I have done exactly what you are considering, I was a die-hard evergreen fan! [I changed from EVA to Etihad] as I also have a connection [to Manchester] and found Etihad to be better for me all the way round.

However, I was told that EVA now has new planes, I moved on because their planes and service started to get a bit shabby, I used to go Evergreen De Luxe and often upgrade with miles or even buy Business class tickets.

If We were slightly late into London, I used to miss my connection and had to fly up the following morning. Etihad in flight and food is five star great, a lot cheaper to fly than EVA and new planes.

One small point, the plane from Bangkok to Abu Dhabi is bigger than the plane from Abu Dhabi to Manchester, with more leg room!

You leave in the morning from BKK and arrive in the morning in Manchester.

Just a note, On December 4th, We had a two hour delay in Bangkok,We were given a meal voucher and everyone assured their transfer flights would be held in Abu Dhabi AND we would not be late to our destination plus a profuse apology.

They kept all promises and 30 KGS of luggage in Economy, Not Bad Eh!!!! two of us in High season for 900 pounds sterling.

DELETED

Sure did!

I got my flight from NPK in Pattayaland soi 1. [ small travel agents and translation service] Great staff and helpful.

K

Deceased Member
    Liked
    I use Emirates from Bkk into Birmingham or Manchester via Dubai 1-3 hrs stopover fine service and no delays.