Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Visiting in August

Visiting in August

New question .. I'm visting Pattaya in August .. and I believe this is the rainy season. Can someone tell me about August weather and also whats up with the action. Do the "dancers" leave town during the rainy season?

My recommendation is too stay in BKK during rainy season. Last year when I was in Pattaya during rainy season, it was really DEAD. Bars and clubs almost empty. Not much to do. You certainly couldn't go to the beach. BKK seems to stay busy even in rainy season. DJ's still full, and there's always Babylon. Busy and fun no matter the weather.

wow, that stinks! Thanks for the info though. :rr:

I'm coming with a straight guy and a guy who's straight but digs lady boys. I wonder what the girl action is like .. probably wrong forum for that ...?

I would not dispute that Bangkok is an easier place for amusements when it rains but it does not rain that much in my experience. Most often rain stays less than an hour and very occasionally half a day. Then the sun comes out, the floods subside and everything is clean and dry in a few minutes but cooler than before.

In 13 years of visiting Thailand and living here for 7, I have only experience all day rain twice. I hear that it's more common in Phuket? I don't understand JakeNasty's remarks at all.

Like most places, the weather varies and with Global warming and such seems to very even more. Songkran occurs at the driest time of year but this year we had quite a lot of heavy showers before. I had visions of Songkran being rained off - he-he!

Pattaya with empty bars - Ha! that will be the day. There are boy bars, lady-boy bars and girl bars. Perhaps someone will open a bar with everything available?

I once went out with a gay friend and his straight travelling companion. They had an arrangement to go to a straight bar one night and a gay on the next. On straight night we went to a girl bar in Patpong Bangkok and as we sat down at the bar - the place being very busy - a crowd of girls descended on us. We two gays squealed "No No we like boys" and within seconds a half dozen boys were sitting with us? The straight guy was fighting off the attentions of the girls and then started buying 'everyone' drinks - the staff got tots of cola and he got a huge bill. After that he said - "let's go to a gay bar please".

Liked
    Rain in Bangkok in August comes down in buckets for at most 20 to 30 minutes and then it's over. You can see it coming, take cover and wait. Not every day though, last August there were many dry days.

It's slow everywhere. Farang numbers are low, but then again your not coming here for farangs, are you?
    E Dok Tong

I like Thailand in August. The storms make it a bit cooler; they're exciting; scrub the air and don't last long.

When I was in Phuket last july.. it rained all day.. every day. Pattaya was rain in the afternoon, but certainly too windy and blown out even when not raining to do any beaching. When I say the bars are empty, I'm talking about places like Panorama bar or Boyz Boyz Boyz (To dance after the show). I don't know about the go-go bars, not my cup of tea.