Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bar fines, tips, etc.

bar fines, tips, etc.

I was in Pattaya in January and heading back in August.

I paid bar fines avg $300 and spent $1,500 - $2,000 bhat for long-time.

I'm just curious to know if this is standard guy rate. Was never really sure because I paid the same at girl bars. I only went to Wild West Boys and Boyz Boyz Boyz.

:bounce:

Liked

IMAC

I hope you mean 300 baht and 1000 to 1500 baht.. Those sound like on target amounts. Ah on reading your posting you did indicate you were quoting in baht.

Re: bar fines, tips, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by iMACnLA
    ... Was never really sure because I paid the same at girl bars....
    Anyone ever notice how the most interesting information is always buried deep down in a post?

As Sheikh Spear once said, "Thereby hangs a tale." opc:

Liked
    These are not fines, they are the price of doing business. Relax and enjoy

Re: bar fines, tips, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kenc
    Quote Originally Posted by iMACnLA
    ... Was never really sure because I paid the same at girl bars....
    Anyone ever notice how the most interesting information is always buried deep down in a post?

As Sheikh Spear once said, "Thereby hangs a tale." opc:
    The guys at Nana Plaza were helpful in letting us know how the girls work. I was the only bi in the group and didn't ask too many questions in Pattaya boys town. I was just figuring it would be cheaper for some reason.

well thanks for the info guys -- sure I'll be around now that I found this forum!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

fines..

The straight guys call it a bar fine and the gayguys call it an off fee.

The bar fine is usually higher in lady bars and can be 500B. Usually the drinks are cheaper but
    the tip expectations are similar if not higher by the girls. I know from having been a couple of times...

Gaymen never use the bar fine expression and if you ever take a visa run you will hear "bar fine" and
    not "off". Avoid these trips at all costs as the straights predominate and assume everyone is into the
    same thing and they are even more boring with all their stories about sick buffaloes etc. than the gayguys.

I would hate to be a true bi-sexual man in Pattaya. How would you every make up your mind where to go
    at nite and if you add the choices of all the available ladies to all the available boys/men, the numbers
    boggle the mind. Maybe you flip a coin or maybe you admit you are queer and can't wait to get away from the
    pussy bars and find a man, or maybe not......... :cat:

Payments to service workers

There are already a few trails on this topic which you may care to 'search'

The "bar fine" normally refers to the fee payed to a bar when you take one of their staff away from the bar. It is almost always called the "off fee" nowadays. This can vary from 200 to 400 baht for go-go- boys or hosts. Waiter, captains, doormen, captains and mama-sans are generally an extra 100 to 300 bahts. The logic is that it inconveniences the bar to take them away and still applies 5 minutes to closing time.

There is no set fee for everywhere though there seems to be a range of norms for different bars and circumstances. People get very aerated on this topic though I am not sure why. Anything less than 500 baht tip is thought mean and over 1500 generous.

The odd thing is that overall boys get lower fees than girls. Does not seem fair to me but when in Rome etc.

Re: Payments to service workers

Quote Originally Posted by wowpow
    The odd thing is that overall boys get lower fees than girls. Does not seem fair to me but when in Rome etc.
    The girls get a performance bonus for faking an orgasm - boys can't do that :compress:

Ah but homintern old chap you've been faking your orgasm most of your life. That's why you whip the condom off so fast and flush it away not revealing the lack of content to the boy.
    Have a nice day colonel

Quote Originally Posted by donny-darko
    ...whip the condom off so fast and flush it away not revealing the lack of content...
    I off a boy from Tawan bar last year, and this was exactly what he did....fake orgasm.