Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Thai strategic plan to reduce HIV among youth

Thai strategic plan to reduce HIV among youth

Thailand Approves Strategic Plan To Reduce HIV Prevalence Among Youth : Medindia News of India

Thailand's National AIDS Prevention and Control Committee recently approved a three-year strategic plan to reduce increasing HIV cases.The plan will focus on educating youth about HIV prevention and promoting social values, as well as encouraging youth to participate in HIV prevention activities. ??In addition, the plan will call for local organizations to participate in HIV prevention and control activities. Thai Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Social Development and Human Security Paiboon Wattanasiritham earlier this month signed an order appointing a subcommittee to supervise to plan. ??The Thai National Health Insurance Office initially will fund the plan with about 500 million baht, or $15,550, and additional funds are expected from the Health Promotion Fund. ??About 17,000 new HIV cases occur annually in Thailand, and about half of all new cases occur among youth ages 18 and 19, the Thai News Service reports. ??Source-Kaiser Family Foundation
    http://www.medindia.net/news/view_news_main.asp?x=20172

Thanks for this news wowpow, it is news that I am delighted to hear about, as I am certain everyone else will be too.

G.

As my own contribution ...

... I am holding an open house every Monday evening for young Thai men who need to verify that they are putting condoms on in the approved manner. A workshop will follow, and then the young men will be taught how to dispose of a used condom without it making a mess and subsequently clogging up the Bangkok sewers

If there are any members who would care to make a financial gift to this selfless educational effort on my part, please PM me for my Paypal account details

Liked: 1

Re: As my own contribution ...

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    .... A workshop will follow,

If there are any members who would care to make a financial gift to this selfless educational effort on my part, please PM me for my Paypal account details
    Hey , why you don't invite members to follow the workshop ? (please don't answer, I think I know why )
    Ofcourse I go with other Falang, it's my job, but you are the only one I love :)