Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Please Tell Me about Krabi

Please Tell Me about Krabi

I'm planning to visit Krabi in April...I've never been there before. All of the tourist literature makes it sound nice, relaxing, peaceful, beautiful, of course. But I'm curious to know what you fellows think (reactions, opinions, etc) and to read any recommendations you might have. Is there any gay night life there? Thanks!

Liked
    In Krabi town, Ao Nang or Railay? All very different. Krabi town has no gay life but there is the usual Thai night life. Decent restaurants if you like real Thai food, the other two options cater to Euros.

In Ao Nang, there is one small gay bar I see listed in the free gay guides but I would not expect much, if it's even open. The place is not really a sandy beach destination, no Jomtiem style chairs. There are several resorts in all price ranges. The upper end places are over run with Swedish families on a beach holiday. You can take a boat to several very nice islands from Ao Nang where there is great diving or snorkeling. Also if you want a sandy beach, several are reachable by boat in including Railay.

Railay is very nice looking but does not appeal to me. Just over run with straight Euro's on Holiday. The resorts post guards at the entrance to keep out anyone out who is not a guest. Some of the chairs are only for guest of the resorts. I get the feeling they don't want day trippers from Ao Nang. It's also a bit isolated, you live at the resort.

The airport is nice but all the transportation to the airport is fixed at 500B and it's not that far from Ao Nang. It's also the same price to Krabi and with a return that's 1000B. Moto-cy rentals and car rentals are a better option. No regular song-tow service.
    E Dok Tong

Liked

Re: Please Tell Me about Krabi

Forget Gay Life in Krabi unless you bring it with you. Take a Speedboat day trip to the outer islands. It's cheap and well worth it.

Liked

Re: Please Tell Me about Krabi

I'd be interested in hearing more about Krabi as well.

1.) Is it clean, a sespool, or somewhere in between?

2.) Scale of 1 - 10, how touristy is it (1 = village in Issan, 9 = Pattaya)?

3.) What's available in terms of material goods? For example, if I want to buy a fish tank, new computer desk, bed, need a new water pump, or whatever... is all that readily available? Or are there various things you need to venture out of town to get? What about imported food like cheese, steak spice, caesar salad dressing, etc.?

4.) How are the beaches? Well kept? Peaceful? Overcrowded & polluted?

5.) Do the locals view it as a tourist place (ie. Phuket), and if you live there, will have to daily fuck around playing the "is he a dumb tourist, or resident who knows his way around" game with everyone? Or is it more calm there?