Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Semi-deadly new mosquito born disease

Semi-deadly new mosquito born disease

Military Forces quarantine Quan'sul - BBC News

There has been a small outbreak of тАЬzombismтАЭ in a small town near the border of Laos in North-Eastern Cambodia. The culprit was discovered to be mosquitoes native to that region carrying a new strain of Malaria which thus far has a 100 percent mortality rate and kills victims in fewer than 2 days. After death, this parasite is able to restart the heart of its victim for up to two hours after the initial demise of the person where the individual behaves in extremely violent ways from what is believed to be a combination of brain damage and a chemical released into blood during тАЬresurrection.тАЭ

Cambodian officials say that the outbreak has been contained and the public has no need to worry. General Ary Serey had this to say, "We have obtained samples of this new parasite and plan to learn how it starts the heart and other major organs of the deceased. We intend to use this to increase the quality of life for all."

US Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice opposed the plan saying that the Cambodian government holds a great biological weapon and should destroy it immediately. Cambodian officials have yet to comment.

A United Nations team will be dispatched to Cambodia to confirm the safety of biological research in Cambodia.

BBC News World Edition http://65.127.124.62/south_asia/4483241.stm.htm

And today's date ...

... in SE Asia is 1 April??

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1
    Well spotted that man :flower:

Oh my God!!! I was bitten back in January in Pattaya by a mosi. Ive felt very tired since returning home and a little strange.
    My legs turn to jelly and my body shakes every day,---------------- When i look at BS photo called Mosi

Gore Vidal categorically denies...

being the source of this rumour. He appeared on CNN from a prestigous hotel in Hong Kong and stated that although he claimed America's intelligensia was limitted to a small clique of expats between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai, at no time did he suggest that this included George W. Bush. He did not deny that there may be more than one form of zombieism.

Re: Gore Vidal categorically denies...

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar
    being the source of this rumour. He appeared on CNN from a prestigous hotel in Hong Kong ...
    Is Gore Vidal a rice queen now? Oh well, it happens to all of us in the end :idea:

Rice Queen?

He seemed to be talking about his earlier funnier years and desperately trying to drop quotable quotes in the style of the martyred Oscar, at which he didn't pass muster.

Re: Rice Queen?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar
    ... in the style of the martyred Oscar, at which he didn't pass muster.
    Vidal is an American, after all - everything is derivative. I don't think dear Oscar dropped "quotes" (more accurately "quotations") rather than aphorisms - the notion that he would bother to quote anyone else is highly unlikely

If you look at the link to this:

http://65.127.124.62/south_asia/4483241.stm.htm

There is no BBC in it, so its a spoof. As you will have probably worked out.

Re: If you look at the link to this:

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDesire
    http://65.127.124.62/south_asia/4483241.stm.htm - There is no BBC in it, so its a spoof. As you will have probably worked out.
    No, WhiteDesire, you've got that one all to yourself. They do demand keen eyesight at that FX desk in the City, don't they :compress: ?