Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: New effective anti-malarial launched for Africa

New effective anti-malarial launched for Africa

In Paris the EU's largest drug manufacturer has launched a new cheap combination pill which contains two previously used drugs. One of these Artesinate comes from Chinese herbal medicines. The new drug has not been patented and is to be first used in Africa where 1 child dies of Malaria every 30 seconds. Worldwide deaths are in the region of 1 million a year.

The new drug is simple to use. One pill is taken a day for 3 days and this removes the Malaria parasite from the body. Mosquitoes do not become immune to this type of combination drug.Different versions of the drug will eventually become available for regions such as South East Asia.

I have gleaned this from BBC World TV news and a video on the BBC website. Sounds like brilliant news to me!!

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Malaria

I had mine treated 30 years ago.
    It has recurred once.

My blood tests still come up positive !

Re: Malaria

Quote Originally Posted by jinks
    My blood tests still come up positive !
    Kinda like syphillis, huh? Once you've had it, you forever carry antibodies in your blood like a scarlet letter. Or so a, uh, friend told me.