Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food recommendations in Pattaya

Liked

Food recommendations in Pattaya

Does anyone have any recommendations for places to eat in Pattaya. In Bangkok I usually do the food stall scene. I am not familiar enough with Pattaya to find the cheap/local food. I have only been to Pattaya once and only seemed to find the expensive places. Any input would be great.

Liked

For me........

........... the best Thai food at VERY reasonable prices can be found at Ora-an-Thai (not sure of the spelling) on South Pattaya Road immediately across from the small soi/gate leading into Hollywood Disco. Has a red sign with white lettering. If you stand under the Hollywood arch and look across the street (northerly direction) you cannot miss it........... a full crowd every evening upstairs in the air conditioned dining area .............. great food, great price.

Liked

Re: For me........

Quote Originally Posted by jvt22222
    ........... the best Thai food at VERY reasonable prices can be found at Ora-an-Thai (not sure of the spelling) on South Pattaya Road immediately across from the small soi/gate leading into Hollywood Disco. Has a red sign with white lettering. If you stand in the under the Hollywood arch and look across the street (northerly direction) you cannot miss it........... a full crowd every evening upstairs in the air conditioned dining area .............. great food, great price.
    I agree wholeheartly. I was there last night and the food was excellant as usual..I got there about 9 PM so I did have to wait a bit for the food to be served.. My friend and I had 3 dishes with rice, water and a beer.. 210B.

Hard to beat..

john
    TOQ Tired Old Queen

Don't feed the trolls, Don't feed the trolls, I keep telling myself ..........

Forum's veteran
    Liked

too bad you missed the dining experience of Pattaya..

Too bad you missed the dining experience of Pattaya at Niddys Nook. No other restaurant/eatery in this
    town evoked so much press and publicity on the gaythailand web forums. You missed an opportunity to
    enjoy the best hamburger this side of the Pacific, it was thick and juicy , no wait, I am plagiarizing another
    poster who really hated the food but felt the need to accentuate the positive and then have short term memory
    loss about the negative.
    Why oh why do people keep bringing up this same old tired topic, the place is closed, let in rest in peace..
    Hypocrisy is in the mind of the beholder..
    PS. you really didn't miss a thing but do we really need more farangs at Or-Ah-Han Thai restaurant (best in town for Thai food
    at low prices with excellent quality)

Liked

The Boat and a few other places

The Boat is pretty good (normal place, not upscale at all). It's on 2nd road across the street from Boyztown. I like the location, food and price are reasonable, service is usually fine.

There's one place I've had really mixed experiences with. I have no idea the name, but its that big open air ahan thai place on the corner of 2nd road at pattayaland soi 1; same side of 2nd road as the 7/11. 7/11 is on the north corner, this place is on the south. Anyway the food is really good there *if* they can actually get it to the table. It's a big hangout for bar boys before/during/after work *hint-hint*.

Also on that road that connects boyztown to pattayaland soi i there are several essan women who make some damn good street food. Find them near penthouse hotel, Gacuya (did i spell that right?) anyway, there. Find the women who are grinding up stuff in their mortar/pestle. I have dreams about their food.

I know you're looking for normal food but I'll also mention Vientiene (not *too* expensive). Used to really like Vientiane when it was on 2nd road. They moved to Walking Street (Julie Complex) a year or two ago. Visited them once after the move but since I'm not a big walking street fan I haven't gone back. They have Laotian,Thai, and Esan food. They sit right on the water so it can be a romantic place at night.

There's a place right across the street from Howard's Guest House. I don't recommend it.

The fresh market on the right as you're walking on South road (across from the Wat) east towards TukCom has a really nice selection of fresh fruit as well as fresh prepared food. Highly recommend. I also like
    to stop in the eccentric chinese medicine man shop (chinese herbal remedies, etc.) near this market.

There are a few places in town with sushi. The only one I've tried is the place located near the Starbucks on Beach Rd.

The beach food at jomtien is ok but sometimes cold and I wonder where its coming from, so I don't usually buy on the beach. There's plenty of food in that area though.

Dboy

Aharn Thai: Thai Food.

The place at Road 2\Soi 1 was called something like Lum Fong the Flying Vegetable. I think the name changed but the old sign was still up last time I looked.

If you are walking toward Road 2 (Like from Howard's) on Soi VC, cross and continue on. There's a big outdoor food market (Near the police station, I think.) that's fun to graze.

A lady on South Road near Day\Night has wonderful fried chicken. I asked bf to show me where but he just gives me a ting-tong look. I think he thinks if I know where to get the fried chicken I won't need him anymore. He's wrong but... you know how they are.

Boat Bakery

I would second the vote for Boat Bakery. On my last trip I ate there at least twice a day most days. Meals were in the 59-69baht range - their menu included Thai and farang food. Their baked goods were incredible.

Liked

Food

If you are looking for a wide choice of eats. Try the Royal Garden. I like taking a friend there and do a bit of shopping, perhaps at the underwear joint. My personal favorite is the Japanese place. I'm not sure if it is the food or the sake I like the most. Plenty of Thai and Farang food plus a nice place to walk around. I realize it is not everyones cup of tea, but I do like the many choices. Amor in Boystown is actually my favorite place, but it may be I enjoy my chatting with Richard, who is my choice for the consummate restaurant owner. He is there and he wants you to enjoy your meal. Last time I was there I was ordering his carrot cake, and my Thai friend did not want anymore to eat. Richard spouts the phrase," Thai boys don't ever eat dessert." A few minutes later Don leans over to me and said, " He is wrong, sometimes I eat dessert." Amor has the best location in Boystown for a restaurant.

There is also an open-fronted Thai restaurant (don't know the name) on the Beach Road end of Pattaya Tai (South Road). If you turn left off Beach Road (where the road turns left at the entrance to Walking Street) the restaurant is about 20 metres up on the left hand side of the road. The food is reasonably authentic (but not the same as the road-side stalls) however it not frequented so much by Thais as the prices, whilst still cheap, are higher than roadside stalls because the place caters for a lot of farangs.

Quote Originally Posted by buaseng
    There is also an open-fronted Thai restaurant (don't know the name) on the Beach Road end of Pattaya Tai (South Road).
    I was told it changed hands a couple years ago & food (was) not as good but maybe they got it together--I hope.
    I think it was called Phra Pattaya; food was Chinese\Chinese Thai--Maybe why not many Thai go there, + (bfs said to me) farang price--The corn-crab soup was delicious & they had wind-dried meats hanging near the front.