Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Clicking on the "Submit" button twice when posting

Clicking on the "Submit" button twice when posting

I noticed that the first time I click on the "Submit" button to post a message, sometimes you get an error message of some form or other, these error messages - there are about 3 different ones, including an "internet explorer type" error message.

So, what I did is click on the back button and "submit" again and I noticed my message was posted twice.

If an error message appears, I have observed that the "posting" has been "submitted". Lots of duplicates on this board and that is probably the reason, people click on the "back" button and "resubmit". There is obviously something wrong with the "system" but just thought I would mention, if it helps.

Similar Threads:

Liked
    Just happened to me - I got the 404 error message, back button, submit again. After reading this post, I checked - Yep! posted twice.

However yesterday when adding a post, I got the "straight to hell" message - back button, submit, straight to hell again - back butoon, submit, posted -- no duplicate.

Thanks for the "double post" alert. I'm using IE7 and open threads in new tabs - so, in future on this board, if I get the 404 error message, I'll double check to see if it posted before doing the back button and resubmitting.

Liked
    For Pete's sake you guys. If you notice you've posted twice, then go back to the second post and delete the thing! (Perhaps instead of starting a separate bloody topic about it!!).

The last post in any thread can be deleted by the author (as long as he gets there before a reply has been entered by someone else) . . . just take a look up in the top right corner of your last post and you'll see a "DELETE" button. Do it!! And then you won't have to bother starting entire topics about completely mundane issues regarding the angst of double posting :flower:

A SHOW & TELL EXAMPLE:

Cheers ...

Edited out profanity to prove lack of grumpiness :cheers:
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

case of the grumpies?

Looks like Smiles is in need for some Thai nooky. Get your ass over here before it get worse!

Cut them a little slack. When some of these old fellas went to school windows were somthing put in houses to let in the light.
    E Dok Tong

Liked

Submitting

Smiles, I just don't know what to do! Since I can never submit and bite the pillow, how can I post?