Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking your shirt off

Taking your shirt off

Just a silly thing really, but I have noticed when I get to Thailand that a lot of western guys take their shirt off when clubbing and that sort of thing, who would never in this world do it back in their home country. The ones that do it in back in the UK - well I've seen some fit bodies - but the ones who decide to do it in Thailand, look a little - well you know what I mean - I'm going to stick my neck out here and say the majority of western guys in Thailand who do it look uugh - I just wondered who they are trying to convince. The Board's thoughts

Liked
    You mean discos? I have seen that in western discos but where in Thailand do they do that?

The places I have been are mostly Thai and they don't take off their shirts. It's table dancing in crowded place with most drinking very slowly whisky mixed with coke and soda. The only ones taking off their shirts are the performers.

If that's happening someplace my guess would be they are not English speakers but either Russians or Euros.

My last visit to Pattaya I had a parting shot of this 40 something Russian walking around the bus terminal wearing only flip flops and a pair of speedos. You could clearly see the out line of each ball and his willybounced to and fro with each movement of his rather large frame. His accompanying wife had a bathing suit top on about two sizes too small and each nipple poked through the fabric. She had a wrap around her hips and I bet was not wearing underwear as her buttocks bounced vertically and laterally with each step. At least she had fashionable high heal shoes.

Speaking of strange dressing farangs. I just saw a huge group of young Swedish people in a tour group. The 70's sure got a grip on them. They all looked like something out of my high school year book from 1972.
    E Dok Tong

Shirts off

I am not much into clubbing but I did go to a gay disco in Pattaya. The only shirtless guys I saw were cute, slim Thai guys. Maybe there were a few shirtless farangs but I did not notice them. I have seen shirtless westerners in shopping malls and supermarkets. My opinion is it is okay in a gay disco but uncouth and very unsightly to say the least in a shopping mall.

Liked

Re: Shirts off

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySee
    " .... I did go to a gay disco in Pattaya. The only shirtless guys I saw were cute, slim Thai guys ... ".
    . . . and the only ones we want to see de-shirted. (Thank you christ for small favours)

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

I don't recall seeing many guys take their shirts off in Pattaya at clubs but then there are really no strictly gay dance clubs to speak of. However in Bangkok lots of guys take their shirts off and dance and/or pose at DJ. Yours truely on occasion takes off the shirt and dances at DJ. It is not just about good looking, fit Thai boys, it is about having fun and enjoying the experience. At Nation VI 75% of the guys were shirtless. Some had great bodies, most were average. It is about the event and is quite common in gay clubs or at circuit parties to remove shirts and dance the night away on ones drug of choice.

I must agree that walking around a shopping mall shirtless is pretty low class unless it is right on the beach where people pop in for food, etc.

Bob T

Quote Originally Posted by Bob T
    I don't recall seeing many guys take their shirts off in Pattaya at clubs but then there are really no strictly gay dance clubs to speak of. However in Bangkok lots of guys take their shirts off and dance and/or pose at DJ. Yours truely on occasion takes off the shirt and dances at DJ. It is not just about good looking, fit Thai boys, it is about having fun and enjoying the experience. At Nation VI 75% of the guys were shirtless. Some had great bodies, most were average. It is about the event and is quite common in gay clubs or at circuit parties to remove shirts and dance the night away on ones drug of choice.

I must agree that walking around a shopping mall shirtless is pretty low class unless it is right on the beach where people pop in for food, etc.
    You're the type of guy I'm on about if that is your avatar - you're exactly the type of guy I'm on about! No offence!

Shopping Mall

I must admit, for some unknown reason, I did not have my shirt on in a shopping mall in Pattaya once, after I had been a "run" on my cycle, letting the sun and breeze go through me, and I was a bit lazy in grabbing my shit, the security guard, quite rightly so, asked me to put it on or leave.

Liked

Re: Taking your shirt off

Seen it at DJ many times. Farangs with no fit body take their shirt off. Always thought that it was because of the magic thai vibrations where one is transfered from old, grey, nobody-wants-me, to "I m young again lets have fun".

Liked
    I thought the fitness fascists and muscle mary's only ruled the gay club scene in europe, apparently and sadly not. I thought that this was the reason most gay men who visit Thailand regularly do so - to get away from a scene where anyone who is over 25 years old and not permanently fixated on steriods and their own image is not welcome. If the gay scene is supposed to be such a liberating experience for us all how come so many gay people spend so much time telling other gay people what not to do. Get the shirts off if you want boys of all ages - it's your life.
    A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.

Liked
    I thought the fitness fascists and muscle mary's only ruled the gay club scene in europe, apparently and sadly not. I thought that this was the reason most gay men who visit Thailand regularly do so - to get away from a scene where anyone who is over 25 years old and not permanently fixated on steroids and their own image is not welcome. If the gay scene is supposed to be such a liberating experience for us all how come so many gay people spend so much time telling other gay people what not to do. Get the shirts off if you want boys of all ages - it's your life.
    A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.