List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online ways for farangs to meet farang in Pattaya ?????

Online ways for farangs to meet farang in Pattaya ?????

Hi there,

I know this board is not a personals board. However, I think there might be a use for a personals type section on this board for local farang expats and long term tourists to meet and communicate. There are plenty of places for farangs and Thais to hook up online of course. But no outlet such as craigslist serves in the US for an online community based on interests.

While I know local expats meet each by hanging out an local watering holes, but I am talking more about a specific interest based online thing.

For examples, meeting like minded farangs for car trips to some beach towns outside Pattaya, or meeting other farangs specifically interested in art films, sharing a taxi to Bangkok or the airport, or dining at French restaurants, etc. If you meet farangs at a bar you just know they like to drink or they like Thai boys (who doesn't?).

Liked
    I have met about a dozen or so forum membors (visitors and expats) by use of the PM function, when it works. Everyone I met in person was pretty much what I expected from thier posting. There are othes that if they are anyting like what they sound from thier words, I would perfer not to meet them.

First, why don't you list your location, I assume it's Pattaya? Then also in your profile list your E mail. I have mine listed and don't get any strange unwanted e mails. I guess you could also list your phone number, some have. You could also in your profile say something like I like golfing or fishing, anyone interested drop me an e mail and we can meet up.
    E Dok Tong

Oi !

Everyone I met in person was pretty much what I expected from thier posting
    Did you ? :clown:

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    I have met about a dozen or so forum membors.....
    :cyclops:
    If [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/YouTube.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/MySpace.jpg[/img] I'll [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Google.jpg[/img] your [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Yahoo.jpg[/img]

Re: Online ways for farangs to meet farang in Pattaya ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Jingthing
    Hi there,

I know this board is not a personals board. However, I think there might be a use for a personals type section on this board for local farang expats and long term tourists to meet and communicate.
    No need to use the board - just go to the nearest old folk's home or geriatric hospice - (or club for aged transvestites). I'm sure there must be at least one of them in Pattaya - probably in Sunee Plaza ! :flower:

Quote Originally Posted by buaseng
    Hi there,

I know this board is not a personals board. However, I think there might be a use for a personals type section on this board for local farang expats and long term tourists to meet and communicate.
    No need to use the board - just go to the nearest old folk's home or geriatric hospice - (or club for aged transvestites). I'm sure there must be at least one of them in Pattaya - probably in Sunee Plaza ! :flower:
    My my, you sure are a friendly chap!

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    I have met about a dozen or so forum membors (visitors and expats) by use of the PM function, when it works. Everyone I met in person was pretty much what I expected from thier posting. There are othes that if they are anyting like what they sound from thier words, I would perfer not to meet them.

First, why don't you list your location, I assume it's Pattaya? Then also in your profile list your E mail. I have mine listed and don't get any strange unwanted e mails. I guess you could also list your phone number, some have. You could also in your profile say something like I like golfing or fishing, anyone interested drop me an e mail and we can meet up.
    Thats a good idea.
    So I guess there is no interest in a separate category for this kind of thing.

Liked

Jingthing

I would like to suggest the Lonely Planet (Thorn Tree) Forum as a good place to meet others with a similar interest in a region. It's worked for me all over the world:

http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/categ ... m?catid=51

Dboy

Liked

Hi there,

For examples, meeting like minded farangs for car trips to some beach towns outside Pattaya, or meeting other farangs specifically interested in art films, sharing a taxi to Bangkok or the airport, or dining at French restaurants, etc. If you meet farangs at a bar you just know they like to drink or they like Thai boys (who doesn't?).
    The few times that I have called into Thais for Life bookshop on a wednesday afternoon, I have met others who go to BKK and other places for concerts, shows, dinners. This is not online but it is in operation.

I feel sure that if I was to be a long term resident, this is one place I would start to widen my farang circle of friends.

As they usually meet on a wednesday, if you are in Pattaya you might call into today to see who is there.

It is an idea that Monty might like to take up for his restaurant. I know in the army we had meet and greet and farewell drinks every pay day, maybe a drinks session at Montys for farang to meet and mix before dinner on a weekly basis?
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Farang pickups

Very occasionally I'll make a comment to a stranger that will lead to a conversation in a bar, coffee shop or whatever but generally it's because I've overheard a comment (as an inveterate eavesdropper) that piques my interest. However I should say there are some real horrors out there that I'd never waste my time on (and they are the majority, I'm afraid). Generally I rely on what should happen in polite society ie. a formal introduction via a mutual friend - and many of them turn out to be terrible bores (even more than oneself) anyway