Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Phuket Governor Launches Road Safety Campaign

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Phuket Governor Launches Road Safety Campaign

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Niran Kalayanamit held a meeting of provincial office chiefs yesterday to officially launch the provincial governmentтАЩs road-safety campaign for the New Year holiday period from December 28 to January 3.

As part of the campaign, the Phuket Provincial Office of Disaster and Mitigation (ODPM) has set a target of no more than three deaths and 39 people injured in road accidents on Phuket during the traditionally dangerous period on the roads.

The ODPM has also set a target of less than 34 road accidents on the island during the period.

Last year, two people died and 90 people were injured in Phuket road accidents between December 29 and January 4.

On Saturday, three checkpoints were set up in each District where officers are now on the lookout for drunk drivers, speeding, motorbike riders not wearing helmets, car drivers not wearing seat belts, illegally modified motorbikes and unlicensed drivers.

Each checkpoint is giving away free chewing gum to drivers in a bid to to reduce sleepiness while behind the wheel.

In addition, the ODPM will hold a road-safety fair in front of the Phuket City Municipality offices on Narisorn Rd, Phuket City, on December 27. On display will be exhibitions showing how safety can prevent accidents, and demonstrations of how to assist people injured in road accidents.

In the last Phuket Road Safety Campaign drunk drivers were being offered cold towels, I wonder if chewing gum is an improvement.

http://phuketgazette.net/news/index.asp?id=5403

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I like this one :

"On display will be exhibitions showing how safety can prevent accidents,". I know the dear man means well but it's stating the bleedin' obvious ! :geek:

Sometimes I love this people so dearly !
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.