Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

View Poll Results: The Influence Of Message Boards.

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have been influenced by info on message boards to patronize certain bars.

17 56.67%
  • I have NEVER have been influenced by info on message boards to patronize certain bars.

11 36.67%
  • I never read message boards.

2 6.67%

Thread: Bored with Boards

Bored with Boards

Rather than (Being accused of) sidetracking a thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Jingthing
    Frankly, it isn't always easy to tell with the borderline ages.
    And don't forget lights & makeup. Some apply pancake to look female, others to look as young as possible: because they know there's a market.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingthing
    I would have thought Kaos had several, or maybe they were tipped off.
    Tipped off?... Or lucky? I think every bar in Pattaya may on any given night or, at least; now & then have under aged 'workers' known, or unbeknown, to owners & management--Not just the ones that flaunt it.
    In a typical situation: a boy leaves home for Pattaya. He has a friend, or a friend of a friend, who will help him get fake I.D., a place to stay, and a job at 'his' bar (perhaps) for a 'consideration.' Like to song, 'It's a simple little system' (Fiorello 1959.), fueled, to a greater or lesser extent, by farang\farang money, demand and supply, lust and greed, etc....

************************************************** ******************************************

I have to wonder if the (constant) mention (Of chicken bars) on message boards doesn't draw more customers than the number who are persuaded stay away--And I wonder if some of those 'mentions' are the work of those bars themselves. It Pays to Advertise...especially when the advert is FREE.

Comment--dare to differ in opinion--and some flamer, on some crap message board, and today they are ALL* crap, immediately shrieks: "Pedo!"

At the beginning of the gay rights movement; 'Boy Love' groups tried to latch on to the coat tails of gay rights groups. They were generally rejected. It looks like their efforts did not, however; go unnoticed. Now that it seems, the so called 'religious right' find it more and more difficult to attack gay people (Just) for being gay they are making a conscious, concerted effort of associating 'gay' with: sexual predator, child molester, pedophile & pederast. Do gay 'sheep', as it appears, take up the bleat--Or are they, in fact, hetero homophobes who infiltrate gay spaces to spread their bile, bring dissension...seek & (attemp to) destroy gay agoras?

*On another thread, now closed, someone took a swipe at Baht-Stop. It does seem to be a running-bitch-brawl going on between half-a-dozen people posting under two-dozen names--But has anyone taken a look at the amount of vitriol, hate and bigotry posted, lately, on sweet little ol' sawatdee?...Swat Thee? Much of it far exceeds a, "Good-natured jab."

************************************************** **********************************************
    And as an--It had to happen sooner-or-later--humorous (?) aside: A post was recently started, by the same person, Mr. A, on three boards (Okay, not a big deal.) The (second) post\reply on all three was by the same (Mr. B) person and (third) post\reply, on all three by (Mr. C): same person.

She walks in beauty like the bike!

I love the vote option "I never read boards" Ha Ha!

Of course I didn't vote truly. Last night I went to Cartier - pricey drinks, earsplittingly loud music, only when we, the only customers, went to leave before buying drinks did they agree reluctantly to turn the volume down to moderately painful, 7 boys of which one was quite attractive and danced beautifully - liquid hips. Five of the boys wore shirts. My companion had been before and said that the boys were all very handsome on his previous visit. Drinks a mite pricey at 160 baht. All in all a moderately amusing ten minutes before we fled.

option 4

I never go to bars? Or are these the same as "disco's" and or clubs? :geek:

Re: option 4

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    I never go to bars? Or are these the same as "disco's" and or clubs? :geek:
    "Bar" in Thailand means something very specific, and it is not a disco or other kind of club.

My choice would have been "I never go to bars".

Forum's veteran
    Liked

a bad selection of questions

it makes it loaded poll to give a loaded result !!!

But I think you are right Edith. All this talk of "chicken" bars ( and thats giving your age away ! :cyclopsani: ) is bad bad bad.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Am I Driving a Bad Prepuce...er...Premise...Into the Ground?

Quote Originally Posted by wowpow
    She walks in beauty like the bike!
    That's, She walks in BOOTY, like the BLIGHT, but I like bike better; it's more...'Thai'!

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    I never go to bars? Or are these the same as "disco's" and or clubs?
    Yes, same-same, unless you want to nit-pick. (Do you?)
    But the issue is, 'Are you influenced by message boards....', so if you never go to bars: option two will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchtime O'Booze
    it makes it loaded poll to give a loaded result !!!
    Two (2) simple questions...What's loaded?...Unless you are talking about your 'handle', Lunchtime--And a joker: "I never read message boards," which is, so far, the chosen option of two people which the preceding (Written) replies seem to bear out.
    Question: "How do you win at three-card-monty?"
    Answer: "When you get someone to play."

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchtime O'Booze
    But I think you are right Edith. All this talk of "chicken" bars (and that's giving your age away!) is bad bad bad.
    Giving my age away! Hell!... I'd pay someone to take it! You're welcome to it; who knows, it might be an improvement!... But I only used that term, "chicken bars," because someone: one of the usual suspects, on another board referred to "chicken hawks." But now I think of it; "Chicken Coops," might be a more apt appellation--Or, should I say, apt agnomen?

I must apologize for saying this board is, "crap"; boygeenyus' (I've always had a soft spot in my heart for him--But I adored Baby-face Nelson, Mad-dog Cole, Richard Widmark when he pushed the old lady do the stairs in her wheel-chair....) truly lovely reply to Smiles has given me hope...a little hope: everyone gets a little schmaltzy around the holidaze\too much nog in the eggnog. [Reminiscing: I was thinking of that old, old (first) pattayagay board; the green one, the very kind, gentle, polite, informative one--Of about six-posts-a-week--Until the Dreaded Ned board 'closed'...Run, Mary! Avalanche!] I guess it's good to keep a barb in.