Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Wild Wild West opening Gala in new luxurious premises.

Wild Wild West opening Gala in new luxurious premises.

Like many I popped in for an aperitif before on the the main event the Mr. PGF competition held for the first time at Boyz Boyz Boyz. It's a nice comfy bar with some good sighlines and superb selection of athletic boys. Some of the star boys from the old premises are still there and new stars seem to have been recruited. I was very shocked to see Mr Mon there who used work in Tawan bar and was heavily featured on Thaibody.com recently. Seemingly the airconditioning business in Chiang Mai is not doing well this cold season.

http://www.thaibody.com/athletes/view.html?pid=7

Mr Mon kindly agreed to support the PGF Charities by entering the Mr PGF Competition at the last minute and he was a finalist in the Mr Popular competition but did not fare well with the judges who were swayed by the flashy good looks and over-superb physiques of other entrants and did not look at his Jai dee.

I did not catch the show at Wild West Bar but I guess it\'s a good as ever. I would propose that you add it to your list of must visit bars this high season. It's not too far to stagger across to Boyz Boyz Boyz to catch their fabulous ladyboy show - one of whom recently starred in London at the Olympia Exhibition and wowed that London gay audience.

Liked

Disappointing show

I was late for the midnight show, arriving at 11.45pm and the place was packed. There really should be some consideration by management for customers , - when the bar eaches a comfortable capacity, they should have a "waiting queue" line outside rather than try to squash everybody into non-existent spaces.

Having said that, I was impressed by the new premises, but not the show, which was a diluted version of what I had seen in the old premises. The larger venue obviously has better ventilation, but with so many present, it was still somewhat smokey. Large pillars obstruct a lot of the views from ceratin seating areas , so come early for much better seats in future.

The real downside was the vast number of females and straights. Maybe that's because the venue was a girlie bar the day before, but it doesn't help me feel it's my type of place.

Mai phen rai, I'll go again after it all settles down, after all, they gave me a VIP card entitling me to a 20% discount on drinks for a year. It has great potential if managed well for the gay community.
    [color=blue][b][i]SANOOK - JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN IN THE SUN[/i][/b][/color]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/ChrisUK/PattayaBayPanoramaSigSmall.jpg[/img]

Do not be put off ....

I know Chris hasn't given the full 'two thumbs up' to the new Wild West Boys bar, but I have to say that this bar is possibly/will be the number one gay showbar in Pattaya.

The decor is luxurious and the seating plush and very comfortable. The bar is larger than I thought when I poked my head in during the renovations and can handle a lot more guests than I anticipated. The air is acutally quite sufficient and is neither too cold nor non existent, as in some places, although I guess by the time Chris got there it may well have been a little smokey. There are some restricted views with the pillars blocking out some eyelines to the stage and I would suggest you do not sit immediately to the right of the entrance, as you will find yourself sat behind new arrivees as they enter and stand around looking confused.

I arrived around 10.00pm on opening night and it was indeed a throbbing mass of people, many of who I imagine were personal friends, business colleagues and invited guests of the owner or staff. It didn't look promising for a seat for the three of us but then two Thai women got up to give us their seat - the power of being a Farang in Thailand knows no bounds.

The number of guys on stage has increased as mentioned, with many new stunning guys and the mamasan tells me they now have over 40 full time dancers and will be recruiting more. The guys all wear faux leopard skin thongs and during the show they change into various other thong types garments and also various types of posing jockstraps - for the ass lover amongst us this is pure heaven.

The show could be described as 'something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue' with some old routines from the previous incarnation of the bar, some new bits and a lot more naked skin during the show than I have seen outside Bangkok. There are more sexy elements included. Several of the guys got naked on stage with most impressive assetts in various states of excitement and there was one routine involving four nekkid guys, simulated F#@king and some very blatant oral examinations of one anothers bits. I also have to say that the stage (in the round) and having the guys in jocks is such a wonderful idea for us perves. The guys crawling around on all fours leaves you in no doubt as to who has hair in their intimate rear ends and who has an ass(hole) as smooth as, well, a baby's bottom.

There are one or two things that will be sorted out pretty quickly I imagine. Some of the waiters weren't exactly sure where to stand on occassion and so ended up blocking views (a quick clap of the hands solved this) and when new guests arrive (at least on the crowded opening night) anyone, as mentioned, sat by the door ended up with peeps stood infront of them whilst seats were found.

A second visit the following night and finding a seat was much easier. The place was as full in terms of numbers as the old WWBar, but due to the extra seating and space it felt a lot more comfortable. There are indeed a number of straight couples and also Thai girls with ladyboy friends in tow (or visa versa). However, by far the majority on both nights I have visited was Ferang males.

The 20% VIP card is limited, I am told and they may not have many more cards to give away. The 20% discount is on drinks bought by Ferangs but does not include discount on any drinks bought for gogo guys, the mamsan or waiters. Drinks are 150 baht.

For a first night, where renovations were still going on an hour or so before opening, this really felt like a well run 'Bangkok style' gogo show club. The show is excellent and entertaining and the guys are a real nice mix of next door boy looks, entrancing ladyboys and some stunning male model looking guys. The likes of Throb/Splash and Boyz, Boyz, Boyz really do have serious competition for the title of best gay showbar in Pattaya.

In brief, two big thumbs up.