Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visiting b/f family in Khon Kaen

Visiting b/f family in Khon Kaen

I have been invited to visit my b/f family at xmas in Khon kaen. My b/f is ex bar boy from HIS bar in BKK. we have been seeing each other for 2 years and had several holidays and overseas holidays together. I think my b/f is Str8 (not sure) and have been incited to go to his village for new year with his family. I think they think he works in restaurant in BKK. they know about me.

any advice, do's and donnt,s. this visit has been planned now for 9 months and seems to be a big deal for my b/f.

Have u seen pics of his house?

Toilet paper isn`t used by a lot in that area. Could also be a squat toilet. Sun hat, can get very hot and many dont have aircon also.

can you handle motorbikes? taxis almost non existent.

Any western foods/ beverages you find essential ( teabags/chocolate lol)

FInd out how many are living in the house and take small gifts is a good idea.
    Things of course are very cheap in that area so u need not spend much.

Liked: 1
    You have already decided to go so nothing anybody says will alter that. My only advise or if you like warning is. After a visit to the family you will be saddened by the way they live and will not need much encouragement to up boys monthly allowance.
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

"Visiting b/f family in Khon Kaen" What will I do??????????

Oh my gawd!!!! This question crops up every month or so, Dear. Save your pennies and your sanity and stay home, Honey.

My crystal ball tells me that your planned trip (9 months) will be a disaster. There will be many sick buffaloe, your straight b/f will get married to a girl in the village but will still want to fuck ladyboy ass, and, after fleecing you of every last baht, the family will find out their son was not a waiter after all, Darl.

Deceased Member
    Liked
    Neo dont be put off by comments, a few days only is best first time and treat it as if you are going "Camping as in tents!" take fruit and essentials in car. You will have an experience you will never forget for the good things and the not so good but it is Thai not western so think that way too. You will know more about your boy and his relationship/responsibilities with his family for the good when you come back. I have been a few times from 3 days to 3 weeks and enjoyed it all. Read some of it, more to come, on my site with pictures, go to bottom left for links.

If you cant handle too much thai food - find out where /how far to local resaturants/supermarkets. When they say its a certain town their actual village can be as much as 45 minutes drive away from the town as i found out the hard way on my first visit to sisaket - the house was more than 30 minutes drive with very few shops and NO restaurants in between!.

One thing for sure - you will probably hate the first day or even two but you will come to love it when you acclimatise - dont drink the local hooch unless you have a very strong constitution lol - you will be offfered lao many times!

Liked
    neo

If you're unsure, why not stay in Khon Kaen City, (I'm sure that the Sofitel will have toilet paper!) and pay a visit to your friends village.
    www.KhonKaen.com

My Thai friend is from Loei and I've stayed with his family many times over the last 6 years. The scenery is stunning and the whole village community makes me feel very welcome.

What concerns me is that you describe this man as your boyfriend and yet you're you think he might be straight???

Some good advice here. Go and have fun, but make sure you have a fallback in case you need to escape. The things I found most troublesome during my stay with my current BF were the bugs, roosters and noise early in the AM, lack of easy to eat food in home and no restaurants in walking distance and the heat. Thankfully, my bf had a western toilet with TP, a car, his own private bedroom, and the stay was more than okay. I actually lived with him and his family for a month.

With my first BF, we stayed in a hotel in Trang when I visited his home. That was a smart idea as he lived far away from everything and did not have a car.

The family will probably be very nice to you.

My best advice is to rent a car if at all possible (if you or your BF drives). It will give you mobility and a good source of air con in the heat of the day.

Hope you have a great time.

Pete

Liked
    The home visit generally involved some sort of clebration in your honor, at your expence. How much seems to vary, set limits or it can get out of control.

The toilet paper advise is good. Get some wet wipes and then something to put the used one into, don't flush them. A suppy of imodium too might come in handy. Your own water, don't drink the local water from a well. If you can't handle real Thai food, you have to be polite and try everything, you don't have to eat a lot. Get some sports bars for snacks.

Don't run from the local dogs. Do not look them in the eye. They know fear, stand your ground but keep in mind that your on their home ground and they will let you know that. Let them dominate you without bitting. Most of these dogs are not pets in the western sence, they are semi wild pack dogs.

One night only. On my visit the party lasted till 4am and two hours latter everyone was getting up. Life starts early and the noise at 6am was increadable.
    E Dok Tong