Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: guest and gay friendly hotels with pool in Siam?

guest and gay friendly hotels with pool in Siam?

Anyone know of a decent hotel with a pool in the Siam area that doesn't charge a guest/joiner fee and that is gay friendly? I'd prefer to spend under or around 3500B/$95 per night.

Thanks

Liked: 1
    Do you mean the Siam Square area of Bangkok? As that area is on skytrain maybe anywhere nearby would be OK?
    I hope that my posts will be of use.

Liked
    Zen123, I suggest you try the Pathumwan Princess, which is attached to the MBK shopping mall. I've not stayed there before but several friend's have and I think it meets all your criteria.

You could also consider these others listed for Siam Square on Asiarooms. I stayed at the Asia Hotel more than 10 years ago. It was a little tired and run down then, and recent reports still describe it that way. No problems with guests there.

Also, I think the Novotel was listed in the old TMOT, but I haven't heard any reports from there recently.
    If [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/YouTube.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/MySpace.jpg[/img] I'll [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Google.jpg[/img] your [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Yahoo.jpg[/img]

Liked: 1
    But the Pathumwan Princess is part of the Dusit Group and they all have to charge joiner's fees - if they catch you. They do have a beautufl pool. The Novotel I don't know but Accor who manage it are generally gay friendly. I used stay at The Asia which is a good tourist hotel and connected to skytrain - Ratchathewi. One stop or a short walk to Siam Square. Not sure about their current policy it used be OK to bring a chap back and they have 2 pools or is it three?
    I hope that my posts will be of use.

Yes, the Siam Square area or 1-2 Skytrain stops away from there.

>>>Zen123, I suggest you try the Pathumwan Princess, which is attached to the MBK shopping mall. I've not stayed there before but several friend's have and I think it meets all your criteria.

That was my first choice, but a straight friend said that it's reported on Bangkok Tonight Forum to be very strict with their guest policy (500-1000B). I read reports of there being plenty of security since there are two walkways directly from the adjoining mall. I've emailed the hotel 3 times asking about it and other questions but have had no response. I also found it odd that a contact email was not listed on their main website- I had to search for an email and found one on a different site they maintain.

>>>You could also consider these others listed for Siam Square on Asiarooms. I stayed at the Asia Hotel more than 10 years ago. It was a little tired and run down then, and recent reports still descibe it that way. No prolems with guests there.

I've looked into that one, but would prefer a nicer hotel in the $80-$100 range. Other in the area are listed at above $120 per night, which is more than I'd like to pay.

>>>Also, I think the Novotel was listed in the old TMOT, but I haven't heard any reports from there recently

This one is also reported to be not guest friendly at all, and their pool doesn't have sun much of the day.

I'm leaning towards the Holiday Inn (the one in Siam, not Silom). It looks nice (online) and had an email response from the hotel saying guests are allowed as long as you book a double room. Their pool is too small for laps, but it may be my only choice.

Anyone else know of any other hotels in the area that are guest friendly (no fee) and have a nice pool?