Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A good reason to ban visa runs

Liked: 1

A good reason to ban visa runs

If you meet the Thais requirements for permanent residence, for retirement or investment, then get of your asses and get legal.

The requirements are fair. The Thais don't want a country full of permanent cheapo sex tourists. living on the smell of an oil rag.

What other country would allow these people to go back and forth across the border every month and stay forever.

I introduced a straight friend of mine to Thailand last year and took him to the disco at the Novotel in Siam. The place was busting at the seams with Russian whores. My friend brought one back. She told us that she lived in one room with 6 other girls and was protected by a Thai pimp. The pimp had a bus which he regularly packed with 40 girls who were driven to Malaysia and back on a visa run. A round trip journey of 36 hours.

Its shit like this the Thais want to stop. Wake up and understand there is a proper way for everything. If you meet the requirements then get legal. If you don't then fuck of back to your own country.

Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Other countries where you can visa run indefinitely:

Brazil
    Peru
    Mexico
    Philippines
    Malaysia?
    Cambodia
    Argentina

Well. those are the ones I know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaiquila

Brazil
    Peru
    Mexico
    Philippines
    Malaysia?
    Cambodia
    Argentina

I'll take your word for it, but I wonder in how many of the countries you mention, the facility abused like it is in Thailand. It's usually only when something is abused it gets withdrawn.
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Liked
    "It's usually only when something is abused it gets withdrawn."

I think it has more to do with playing the Thai national card and pandering to the Bangkok middle class than correcting some problem.

As a certain recent political figure found out, you can buy the Issan block but you have to make the bangkok middle class happy too.
    E Dok Tong

Brazil
    Peru
    Mexico
    Philippines
    Malaysia?
    Cambodia
    Argentina
    None of these exactly qualifies as a great example of a well-run country.

Besides, for every country you can name that do allow unlimited back-to-back visa-free visits, I can name 10 that don't.

what do you want then ???

expensive sex tourists ????

it aint gonna happen.

Re: what do you want then ???

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl of the Orient
    expensive sex tourists ????

it aint gonna happen.
    No sweetie

Just think it's a good idea to make entry more difficult for the group who get us all a bad name and expect everything for next to nothing.

I have met so many Farang who stay on and on with little or no money.They don't legalize themselves. They can't because they are financially unstable.

I know someone in BKK no names mentioned but like me a Brit. He is working illegally. getting room and board and 20,000 baht a month to live on. (sorry exist on). He wont go home because in his own words he says " you can get boys here for next to nothing. In the U.K. at my age I couldn't get a dog to bark at me". Believe me Thailand is full of Farang like that and the quicker Thailand gets rid of them the better.

I rest my case

Liked
    Well the new plan allowing 3 entries within 90 days will curtail many travel and business trips. Those like me who travel to Thailand 3 or so times a year and then travel to other countries may cut their trips or use other countries as gateways to Asia

Quote Originally Posted by yaraboy
    Well the new plan allowing 3 entries within 90 days will curtail many travel and business trips. Those like me who travel to Thailand 3 or so times a year and then travel to other countries may cut their trips or use other countries as gateways to Asia
    Get a one year multiple entry visa from The Thai Embassy / Consulate in your country. They are available and issued here at the Thai Consulate in Jeddah, the cost is 5,000 Baht. If you are doing business in Asia or travel more than 3 times a year to Thailand then you could easily afford it, so what's the problem. Get one and go in and out of Thailand a much as you like.

Liked

Wrong with at least one country

Brazil
    Peru
    Mexico
    Philippines
    Malaysia?
    Cambodia
    Argentina

Wrong on Brazil. You have to stay out of the country for a long long time before another visa run. Check: "Not necessarily. The tourist visa allows for multiple entries in Brazil for five years (American, Australian and Canadian citizens only) for stays up to 90 days. You may request the Federal Police in Brazil for an extension of stay, provided it does not exceed 180 days. However, you should not assume the Federal Police will grant the extension. But remember that unless you carry a special visa (student visa or a long-term work visa) you cannot stay in Brazil more than 180 days per year (consecutive". It is from the Brazilian consulate in San Francisco, CA.