Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Business back to usual (?)

Liked

Business back to usual (?)

From the latest issue of Pattaya Today. Is this true and has anyone had a recent experience with the Land Office?

http://www.pattayatoday.net/index.php?a ... ws&id=1890

"I wrote last issue that Thailand needs to move on and get on with the business of business and resolve the outstanding issues of transfer property to companies with farang directors or shareholders. Great news. I am reliably told that things are very much back to normal and company transfers and land purchases are proceeding smoothly. It will no doubt take a little while to filter through to the public which suggests there may be a bargain or two to be had right now. Aside from that, what a great column the last issue was, even if I say so myself. ......."

business as usual????

Now with all the visa changes it seems buying is less attractive. You may be able to stay in your unit now but what happens in the future? As we can now see nothing is stable or secure. I also doubt that the buying and purchasing process has really been resloved. BUYER BE WARE. Why would anyone buy now when renting seem much safer? If there is a coup chances are you will lose everything anyway.

Re: business as usual????

Quote Originally Posted by luvthai
    Now with all the visa changes it seems buying is less attractive. You may be able to stay in your unit now but what happens in the future? As we can now see nothing is stable or secure. I also doubt that the buying and purchasing process has really been resloved. BUYER BE WARE. Why would anyone buy now when renting seem much safer? If there is a coup chances are you will lose everything anyway.
    You make some valid points.

Additionally when the unthinkable occurs, which as the years go by it must, and there is new a person wearing the crown there are a lot of very powerful people in government and others with great influence who would like to see all property ownership rights revert to the Thais.

If I had my foot on the bottom rungs of the property ladder right now I would seriously questions going any further.

The last few weeks of this year will prove very interesting in the way that politics move in Thailand and will probably be a determining factor of the direction that the country goes in the treatment/acceptance of farangs for the next decade.

Liked
    I can now add a knowledgeable source reports that the land office is paying no attention to condominiums purchased in company names. He has recorded several recently with no hassle. They are only checking companies that buy land/houses.

VT5 has been recording for weeks nows. Those that pay first get recorded first (not like the past in contract order). VT takes the deeds to the Land Office in batches of a 100 so the office will not be overwelmed.

again

There is no guarantee that tomorrow things won't change and they start enforcing the ownership polices. Do you really want to take the chance and lose all the investment? I hope you had the smarts to hire a good real estate lawyer and got the recommendation from your embassy.

Knowing what we know know, if anyone buys a condo through a company, you deserve no sympathy when the Thais start to enforce the laws already on the books ... AGAIN. Only buy a condo in your own name. Or don't buy at all!

Its just like people having anal sex without condoms. You have been warned!

In the wake of the Thai Love Thai party, farangs have got to wake up to the fact they are a convenient political target. If it suits Thais to not enforce that law today, tomorrow it will suit them again to enforce it.

If you were smart, you'd realize that the formation of Thai companies using nominee shareholders is (and always has been) illegal -- and wouldn't consider doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    If you were smart, you'd realize that the formation of Thai companies using nominee shareholders is (and always has been) illegal -- and wouldn't consider doing it.
    Hey, I agree with you. I feel dirty now.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Up2U
    I can now add a knowledgeable source reports that the land office is paying no attention to condominiums purchased in company names.
    Yes, and you can look forward to them paying no attention to your property deed either. Forget "caveat emptor" (buyer beware); how do you say "run like hell" in Latin?

Dboy

and it all boils down to ...

... if one has nothing, then they want what we have ... and there are more people in Thailand that have relatively nothing and therefore want to steal what we have. And its easily done.