Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Hotels in Silom/Sathorn area

Liked

Hotels in Silom/Sathorn area

I haven't been to Bangkok since January 2020. Now I am in Pattaya and would like to go to Bangkok for a week or so. In the old days before Covid 19 happened, I often stayed in Malaysia Hotel. I don't know if that hotel is open nowadays, so I would like to ask members og this forum who are in Bangkok if they can recommend some hotels in the Silom/Sathorn area that are still open and that are Ok with visitors to the hotel.

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Hotels i Silom/Sathorn area

Quote Originally Posted by karius View Post
    I haven't been to Bangkok since January 2020. Now I am in Pattaya and would like to go to Bangkok for a week or so. In the old days before Covid 19 happened, I often stayed in Malaysia Hotel. I don't know if that hotel is open nowadays, so I would like to ask members og this forum who are in Bangkok if they can recommend some hotels in the Silom/Sathorn area that are still open and that are Ok with visitors to the hotel.
    Tarntawan is still open and seems to have reasonable room rates at the moment. A friend stayed there recently and told me he had no issues with guests. In fact the only thing he disliked was their bathrooms, none of which seem to have been updated to allow for a separate shower cabinet - he said it was still shower over the bath which he hates

3. User who gave Like to post:

Maxxy (March 11th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Tarntawan would be my choice, as it has been for over twenty years. Good rates at the moment....go for the better rooms. Location both convenient and, thank heavens, quiet.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Maxxy (March 11th, 2022)

Liked

Malaysia hotel main building is closed (or rather used as quarantine hotel, no access to outsiders). But the two side buildings are open.

If you want to stay in that area, Tivoli is open. The Aim Sathorn advertises 600 THB per night (I vaguely remember 1000 before Covid). Pinnacle closed.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (March 8th, 2022)

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Hotels in Silom/Sathorn area

Quote Originally Posted by karius View Post
    Have you considered AirBNB? Lots of desperate owners have dropped their rates some bargains (relatively speaking) to be had in Silom Soi 3 and there’s also Baan Silom Hotel in the same area which I’ve never seen reported by a poster who’s stayed there but I understand it’s “gay friendly”

All you need worry about getting to Soi 4 for Balcony or G’s is crossing Silom without being run down and killed (my recommendation is always get some locals between you and the traffic) but there have been some prominent cases reported recently of pedestrians knocked over and killed or maimed on pedestrian crossings. Very often the driver is an off duty policeman so we’re not expecting any prosecutions ( not known as “Amazing Thailand “ for nothing)

9. User who gave Like to post:

Andaman! (March 9th, 2022)