List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When they're too shy to ask for money...

Liked

When they're too shy to ask for money...

I'm sure this has happened to all of us. Poverty stricken Asian guy you've become close to, and somewhat unofficially support, as us farangs do. You know full well he's out of money and could use some, but he's too shy to ask for any as he doesn't want to impose.

You ask, and get a response like, "no I'm good a little bit, don't worry about me, I'm fine". You know he could use some though, so what do you do? Let it be, or say hell with it, and send anyway knowing full well he'll be happy and grateful, and just didn't want to ask.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (May 30th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: When they're too shy to ask for money...

If he was good looking I'd probably ask him for a blowjob.

LOL...half kidding.

Seriously, these are the types of guys I like helping out the most.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    If he was good looking I'd probably ask him for a blowjob.
    LOL...
    No idea, so I'll go with a young Asian Brad Pitt, as that puts my mind more at ease, lol.

Seriously, these are the types of guys I like helping out the most.
    Me too, but lately it's been $400/month. Granted, Songkran, proceeded by stuck in the village due to Covid lockdown hence can't work, et al. Still, it's the village... what the hell is he doing, helping refurbish the family house?

He's the one who will be living with and taking care of me once I finally get out there though, so...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    No idea, so I'll go with a young Asian Brad Pitt, as that puts my mind more at ease, lol.

Me too, but lately it's been $400/month. Granted, Songkran, proceeded by stuck in the village due to Covid lockdown hence can't work, et al. Still, it's the village... what the hell is he doing, helping refurbish the family house?

He's the one who will be living with and taking care of me once I finally get out there though, so...
    I was referring to giving a needy boy on the streets a few bucks - not buying anybody a farm.

Liked

I was referring to giving a needy boy on the streets a few bucks - not buying anybody a farm.
    kee-neaow

Just kidding.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (May 31st, 2021)

Liked

..... lately it's been $400/month. ... what the hell is he doing, helping refurbish the family house?
    For some reason THB13,000/month seems to have been the going rate for ever. I remember providing that level of support 20 years ago. It seemed modest then since a bar 'superstar' was reportedly earning THB20~30k /mnth with multiple offs per night.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Sen Yai View Post
    For some reason THB13,000/month seems to have been the going rate for ever. I remember providing that level of support 20 years ago. It seemed modest then since a bar 'superstar' was reportedly earning THB20~30k /mnth with multiple offs per night.
    I support more than one guy and we generally agree that 5,000 for a room + utilities (often shared) and 3,000 for food (100/day) is a fair base rate. I know some share their accommodation with friends, others with family members. My favourite anecdote is the boy who shares with his two sisters and sleeps alone on the bed while they sleep on the floor. His justification? He’s paying more of the rent than they are. It’s not an presumption of fairness that I would use but it seems to work for him.

Liked

I know so many who are not shy that I don't think about the shy ones.

11. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (May 30th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

You know he could use some though, so what do you do?
    If he's a boy you're hooked up with and plan to reunite with at some juncture, I'm sure he'd appreciate 7,000 - 8.000/mo. which covers the essentials if he's living up-country.

$400 (12,000 THB) is fine too as long as it fits within your budget, As you already know, there's no such thing as "too much money" in their eyes. And I don't mean that in a derogatory sense, it's just nature.

Liked

If he's a boy you're hooked up with and plan to reunite with at some juncture, I'm sure he'd appreciate 7,000 - 8.000/mo. which covers the essentials if he's living up-country.

$400 (12,000 THB) is fine too as long as it fits within your budget, As you already know, there's no such thing as "too much money" in their eyes. And I don't mean that in a derogatory sense, it's just nature.
    I'll let him sweat it out until June 4th, when the Laos govt makes another decision on the lockdown. Just checked, and second day in a row of only 3 cases, so I'm assuming restrictions will be further lifted. He's in the village, he doesn't need any money, hence why he never asked. He'll need some again when he heads back out to Savannahket or Vientiane to look for work again.

Nah, not really hooked up with him, or I have no idea... neither of us have any desire to have a BF, but we're more than friends, so no idea what you call it. He takes care of me, I take care of him, and the sun continues to rise each morning. Or, he will be taking care of me once I get there due to the whole blind thing, but has here as well. He's the one who helped keep me strong when things were rough and I was getting business going again.

Then looks like Leo will be living with us, as once he finds out I'm coming back to Asia he won't be able to get out of his current situation fast enough, so that'll be good as his English is excellent. I'm sure his Irish "BF" will be thrilled if and when he learns Leo is living with me again, but whatever, deal with that issue later.

Then I'm assuming Leo's mom will end up with us due to her health issues, which is fine with me. Then just have to grab a couple dogs, two or three kids, and off we go with the Asian + one farang version of the Brady bunch.

I also wouldn't mind starting a gay bar once I'm there. I'm almost 40 now, so think that whole mid-life thing is setting in, as tons of shit like this I want to do now. Will employ Leo and Gohn to run it, it'll be good. No go-go boys or anything as you're not allowed to do that in Laos, but it'll be a nice, classy joint, it'll be good.

14. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dax (May 31st, 2021), Dodger (May 31st, 2021), Ruthrieston (May 31st, 2021)