Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Bangkok Sauna raided

Liked

Bangkok Sauna raided

More than fifty male party-goers arrested in Bangkok sauna shop yesterday for reportedly gathering for illegal drugs and sexual activities, violating Emergency Decree
    Full story and picture

https://tpnnational.com/2021/05/23/m...LSpqZ7Izk5LnfY

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Bangkok Sauna raided

This incident occurred at the Farose 2 sauna in Bangkok. More details in the article linked below. Didn't ChristianPFC give this sauna a glowing report card?

Curious as to why the writer of the article added that bit of social commentary describing gay people in Thailand as being discriminated against - as if to imply that the criminal, highly risky and selfish actions of the 62 party goers should be less incriminating and culpable because of who they were committed by. The writer/editor is probably - again - some misguided dodger-esque farang who thinks he is being kind and supportive of local gay men.

62 Arrested In Bangkok At Gay “Chemsex” Party

Thai police said on Sunday that they had arrested 62 men for breaching COVID-19 restrictions in a raid on a gay “chemsex” party, the country’s largest such crackdown during the pandemic.

The men were arrested on Saturday night at Faros Sauna 2, where police also found drugs, needles and used condoms, said Police Colonel Ekapop Tanprayoon, superintendent of Bangkok’s Wang Thong Lang District police station.

https://chiangmaione.com/featured/62...-chemsex-party

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Maxxy (May 31st, 2021), mr giggles (May 25th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    This incident occurred at the Farose 2 sauna in Bangkok. More details in the article linked below. Didn't ChristianPFC give this sauna a glowing report card?
    Your memory is as bad as your degrading prose. On 14 Nov 2013 ChristianPFC wrote about Farose 2 in his blog

"I went there first about 2 years ago, now again with two friends. Two years ago, I said the standard of cleanliness and maintenance is higher than in Farose 1, I have to revoke that. Both are dumps."

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 26th, 2021), Maxxy (May 31st, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    I said Farose 2 is one of the saunas in Bangkok that I visit regularly (pre-Covid) because the customer base is more to my liking than most other saunas. Other than alcohol and cigarettes, I didn't witness any substance abuse.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Its by far not the 1st time this place gets raided by police. Hence, Thai-style thinking: most likely they do not earn enough to pass a % of that takings onto the BiBs.
    The best loved such place by chr was a place long since closed that was functioning like a sauna but did not have the hot sweatbox that Is a sauna-in a narrow back alley beside/opposite the Mall and another lowkey shopping centre smackbang in the centre of Bangkapi.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Not enough falangs to make money, perhaps? Babylon's prices were fine for us but not many Thais could afford to go there. Hence the decline in numbers since its move.....the fewer Thais, the fewer-eventually- the falangs.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    Not enough falangs to make money, perhaps? Babylon's prices were fine for us but not many Thais could afford to go there. Hence the decline in numbers since its move.....the fewer Thais, the fewer-eventually- the falangs.
    Not sure where Babylon comes into the discussion, but I only partly agree with Oliver's comment. In Babylon's first incarnation at the top of the soi, most of the Thais were reasonably well-heeled and the entrance fee was certainly not an issue. The queues to get in at the week-ends were evidence of that. After all, not many foreigners attended in the early days. In my view the problem with its second incarnation is that it had become much more popular with farang and the richer Thais began to desert it. Thereafter Thais looking to meet other Thais or Asians found there were too many farang and started moving to the other saunas in the city. Not having been to Babylon for many years I am not sure what the entrance prices were. I expect considerably more than or those nearer the outskirts of the city.

Liked

I think entry prices are not so much an issue. They vary by a factor of two (disregarding some places racist and ageist pricing policy):

In my last survey (2017) of all Bangkok gay saunas https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/20...unas-2017.html,
    entry to Farose 2 was 120 THB, entry to Babylon 230 THB. But to get from Babylon to Farose 2 by taxi would cost about 100 THB. It's more that everyone goes to his neighborhood's sauna. Except for me who was on a research mission to find which sauna suits me best, and after finding that place going there, regardless (within reason) of travel time and cost.

11. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (June 2nd, 2021)