Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quarter Silom by UHG - new Silom soi 6 hotel

Liked

Quarter Silom by UHG - new Silom soi 6 hotel

When looking around on TripAdvisor earlier I came across the Quarter Silom by UHG - which seems to be a new Silom soi 6 hotel:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...G-Bangkok.html

Looking at the map it seems to be the building site at the back of the Tarntawan that ruined my last (and final!) stay there.

Had anyone stayed there yet? Any feedback?

Definitely on a shortlist for whenever I finally get back to LOS!

Buffalo me die! Send Money!

2. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (February 25th, 2021)

Liked

Re: Quarter Silom by UHG - new Silom soi 6 hotel

I would definitely give it a go.

Interesting to see that the good old Tarntawan is advertising rooms from $A15 (360 baht) per night!

4. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (February 25th, 2021)

Liked

I tried the Quarter Silom:
    Good: Location. Comfy bed, very good shower, good WiFi from in room transmitter, fancy Android TV
    Bad: Room rather compact and storage for clothing etc is poor, as can be seen on their website.

No problems with guests. Leave ID at reception, although visitors to 2 out of 3 buildings can bypass reception. Key card needed for lift.
    Good room safe.

Breakfast would be 300 baht if booked in advance, but is 99 baht if booked at the hotel. For 99 baht, it's a good breakfast. I'd not be happy at 300 baht. I don't book hotel breakfasts normally, as it's good to get out and I always book a room for 2 people, but usually only need one breakfast.

Edit: Location is between Tawan Bar and Thai Prime massage. One of the buildings is right next to the massage shop.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (February 25th, 2021)

Liked

Well I cannot exactly figure out where it is....can you give me a couple bars or other establishment near/beside it??? Thanks

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    Well I cannot exactly figure out where it is....can you give me a couple bars or other establishment near/beside it??? Thanks
    Do the following Google maps, where I’ve added the general location of Tawan Bar, The Tarntawan Hotel and the old Soi Twilight bars help you any, Blueskytoday? I have also added a link to the hotel website.

QTR01.jpg

QTR02.jpg

http://www.quartersilom.com/bangkok-facilities.php
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Forum's veteran
    Liked

From Jellybean's map, the hotel appears to be right off of soi Tarntawan very close to where the old "Super A" bar used to be.

colmx - if you're reading this, what was the downside at Tarntawan Hotel during your last stay?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    if you're reading this, what was the downside at Tarntawan Hotel during your last stay?
    Ha ha I'm guessing no matter WHAT Colmx's reply that the mods may stand by to split and start a new thread right here perhaps ! lol

Liked

A picture of the construction site I took in Feb 2020 (standing in Soi 6, looking North; the construction site goes around the building that houses Thai Prime massage and a hotel):

IMG_4367.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Do the following Google maps, where I’ve added the general location of Tawan Bar, The Tarntawan Hotel and the old Soi Twilight bars help you any, Blueskytoday? I have also added a link to the hotel website.
    Location of "old Soi Twilight bars" is wrong in your maps. Soi Twilight was not in google maps as a street, what your marker is pointing at is the road in front of Montien Hotel (shortcut from Rama 4 to Surawong, if you don't want to get near old Soi Twilight).

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (February 27th, 2021), Jellybean (February 26th, 2021)

Liked

Just google hotel name, bangkok and it is first in line..looks great and the prices are fantastic (well right now)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    . . . Location of "old Soi Twilight bars" is wrong in your maps. Soi Twilight was not in google maps as a street, what your marker is pointing at is the road in front of Montien Hotel (shortcut from Rama 4 to Surawong, if you don't want to get near old Soi Twilight).
    Oops! Thanks for the correction ChristianPFC. When placing the arrow I did think the soi indicated was too far from Thaniya Road (the walk through from Silom Road). Since Soi Twilight is not shown on the map I have reversed the arrow to give a general indication of where the old Soi Twilight bars were located. Apologies for the error.

QTR03.jpg
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases