Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brits To Be Barred Entry To Thailand

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Brits To Be Barred Entry To Thailand

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...red-from-entry

The Ministry of Public Health will ask the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) to defer the entry of British visitors to the country after the fast-spreading B117 strain of Covid-19 was found in four British nationals entering Thailand on Dec 21.

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Brits To Be Barred Entry To Thailand

So much for all the hoop jumping that they were already insisting on including multiple tests before before departure and on arrival etc, it seems now that that whole scheme is all up in the air again and not worth pursing anymore. Lets hope none of our ( other) UK members were already mid process with paperwork and tests etc ;-(

Liked

What's the point? To delay the inevitable?

That strain of the virus was first detected back in Sept, and has surfaced in many countries now. How is stopping travel from the UK going to help anything?

Cat's already out of the bag on this one. Well, unless you do like Laos, and shut your borders to every country.

Liked

To make matters worse there's talk that the new South African strain could be resistant to the vaccines, and it is now the predominant strain in South Africa replacing the original.
    Yes the UK strain is more infectious, but is still believed to be susceptible to the vaccines... we hope!

5. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 4th, 2021)

Liked

obviously MFAS has the same lack of understanding of the meaning of simple expressions like "will ask" and "to defer" as the Bangkok Post headline editors do
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    unless you do like Laos, and shut your borders to every country.
    The Laos border might officially be shut, but quite a few people from Laos have still crossed the border.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Lets hope none of our ( other) UK members were already mid process with paperwork and tests etc ;-(
    Indeed. Let's hope we all exhibit some common sense. We have to defeat this enemy and we are not going to do it by hopscotching around the world. Let's be sensible guys, and ride this thing out. The more seriously we abide by the short-term inconveniences, the quicker the vaccine will have a chance to get pumped into people's arms and the scene should begin to lighten.

Anyway is it worth pining for a Pattaya which clearly no longer exists? It may come back, again, in a new form, let's hope.

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (January 5th, 2021), Kenny (January 5th, 2021), Zebedee (January 5th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Marc K View Post
    Indeed. Let's hope we all exhibit some common sense. We have to defeat this enemy and we are not going to do it by hopscotching around the world. Let's be sensible guys, and ride this thing out. The more seriously we abide by the short-term inconveniences, the quicker the vaccine will have a chance to get pumped into people's arms and the scene should begin to lighten.

Anyway is it worth pining for a Pattaya which clearly no longer exists? It may come back, again, in a new form, let's hope.
    “Common sense” is one of the least common things on the planet.

11. User who gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (January 5th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Whilst I dont disagree with the overall idea there Marc it is a maybe a tad unfair perhaps to suggest that those who do / did travel lack common sense. When in fact those who travelled stringently followed each and every Government rule and requirement to the letter and more and were probably repeatedly tested now way more than they ever would have wished for.

If so the after taking all of those (presumably) negative tests, over an extended period of time, JUST to travel and THEN also quarantining on arrival then surely they cant really be classed as lacking in common sense (assuming you meant our members there perhaps). Whilst their choice to go may have seemed a bit crazy to some ( not to me) but in terms of infecting others I doubt it was that "risky" I would have thought.

As the intent wasn't just some quick one week holiday in the Costa's and home again but them away for several weeks or months to escape the UK winter I doubt there trip caused to much harm perhaps in the bigger scheme of things.

And I guess whilst we all and should be responsible for our own actions as the Government allowed travel at all then they must have thought it ok as well .....you would like to think ???

13. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (January 5th, 2021)

Liked

My decision to travel to Thailand was sensible and responsible.

The only time I went out in the week before travelling was for some rural walks and to get a covid test. When going to the covid test centre, I noticed many irresponsible people crowding into shops to buy tat which they mostly do not need.
    Upon arriving in Thailand, I responsibly served my time in quarantine, with 2 further tests.

I'm now in a country with a relatively low level of covid infections and so far, the restrictions are not a problem for me.
    Of the thousands who have travelled here and done quarantine, there is, as far as I know, not a single known case of covid transmission in the community. The problem stems from uncontrolled illegal immigration, without quarantine.

15. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (January 5th, 2021), christianpfc (January 5th, 2021)