List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bangkok to Pattaya Van transportation.

Bangkok to Pattaya Van transportation.

Does wnyone know of a van service (for approx 8 or so people) between Bangkok and Pattaya which will pick up and drop off at various Hotels in both places? There is supposed to be such a service and it is much cheaper than a regular taxi service which costs about 1200 Bht or so (one way)..... Has anyone used such a service and how does one get in touch with them? Thanks for any replies.
    Hayjon

vans

After 30 hours cramped in an airline seat the last thing I want to do is be jammed into a van with 8 or more other people. And on top of that one must endure the dropping off of the others at their hotels. 1200 baht is rather a cheap alternative.

Image Limo

treat yourself to some luxury..pricey but if 8 are paying it wil be cheap..the best thing is the drivers are absolutely the safest you can find.

http://www.imagelimo.com/

Liked

Re: Bangkok to Pattaya Van transportation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayjon
    Does wnyone know of a van service (for approx 8 or so people) between Bangkok and Pattaya which will pick up and drop off at various Hotels in both places? There is supposed to be such a service and it is much cheaper than a regular taxi service which costs about 1200 Bht or so (one way)..... Has anyone used such a service and how does one get in touch with them? Thanks for any replies.
    Hayjon
    Hayjon you may want to call Boss Travel. The managers name is Panu. They offer a mini bus service for about 350B.

His number is: 038 710153 Office
    Mobile: 01-333 0754

john
    TOQ Tired Old Queen

Don't feed the trolls, Don't feed the trolls, I keep telling myself ..........

Re: Image Limo

DELETED

Liked: 1

Mini Buses

http://www.imagelimo.com/rates.htm

Gems & Phon Taxi & Van., Ltd
    62/121 M.6 Nongprue, Banglamung
    Phone: (0) 3873 - 4472 Fax: (0) 3873 - 4472
    Email: gemsphon@loxinfo.co.th
    Transport between Bangkok and Pattaya and general taxi service, friendly reliable service, reasonable rates, good drivers. Mobile: (0) 1761 - 6455, (0) 1305 - 5613
    courtesy www.dreadedned.com

Bell Travel service
    Their service is to run mini buses around Bangkok to pick up and drive to Bang Na on the outskirts where you transfer to a big bus which goes to Pattaya bus station where you transfer to mini buses to take you to your hotels. 0274746756. Fee aout 350 baht per person.
    I hope that my posts will be of use.

8 people would only mean two taxis with 4 people in each. At 1200B per taxi that's only 300B each, hardly a fortune.

DELETED

I know you ...

... can get a taxi from Pattaya to Bangkok Airport for 850 baht plus tolls (120 baht?). I suppose this is still too much? Although I do generally tip the driver too so I suppose it gets up around 1200 baht by the time I finish paying. I still think it's better than being stuck in a mini bus, as someone says, going around everyone's drop off point for a further 30 minutes in Pattaya when you know you are just a cock-stride from your hotel room.

The cheapest I paid from Bangkok to Pattaya was 1200 baht through a friend and 1500 baht through the travel agent on Silom Road. Picking a taxi up from the airport without prior arrangement I think I paid 2000 baht.

Re: Bangkok to Pattaya Van transportation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayjon
    Hayjon
    Is 1200 THB too much to pay for a two hour journey BKK to Pattaya? That works out currently at about 17 pounds sterling or 30 US dollars (or offing a boy short time!!!). Assuming the taxi has two passengers this is excellent value ... it is still great even if you travel alone. The alternative is a tour round Pattaya whilst the minibus drops off other passengers which could take up to an hour when traffic is heavy and the reverse route Pattaya-BKK is even worse. I know of one guy who spent over two hours in a minibus once it got to BKK, driving round the city whilst other passengers were dropped off ...he was unfortunate to be the last one!

The other down side is most minibus drivers are raving lunatics who are hell bent on getting from A to B as fast as possible regardless of traffic conditions or congestion...this equally applies to those who drive day-tour minibuses.

Go on, splash out - you are after all on holiday. If the price of a taxi is too much perhaps Thailand is not the place you should be visiting...maybe you should walk to your local park to save the money.