Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid Crisis Leaves Carnage in Pattaya

Liked

Re: The Covid Crisis Leaves Carnage in Pattaya

So sad to see the Starbucks on Beach Road has closed. I spent many an evening sipping coffee and chatting with my guy Nom out on the terrace after dinner.

Liked

Another pretty useless and obvious Pattaya rag thread. a447 worry not. There are lots more coffee shops around that are cheaper with better coffee than Starbucks.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (October 22nd, 2020), francois (October 21st, 2020)

Liked

Yeah, it wasn't so much the coffee as I've certainly had better. It's just that the photo brought back some wonderful memories.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

That the best the cheap half assed local rag can cum up with? A Starbucks closed FFS.

There are thousands of destitute prostitutes, male, female and ladyboys out of work. There are untold number of Gogo bars shut and bars closed. No tranny shows either.

And the best they can come up with is one closed branch of a coffee shop. There are a further 335 to choose from in Thailand.

Slow news day?

Liked

For a few years now, I had a plan. To fully retire in 2024 - no more business ventures, finito - just dabble in my hobbies.

This year has messed that up and I'm now trying to get planning permission for houses on a factory site I own. Will I get it? I don't know - the planners are not on side, but the plans are fully policy compliant. It's now at the appeal stage.

If I don't get it I can still sell the site as industrial, and retire modestly on the proceeds. If I do get it, the temptation to invest some spare cash in one last final biz venture will be great..

Bagging a bit of tourist real estate in Thailand, before despair gives way to hope, is a distinct possibility; but I want the Baht to take a tumble first..

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
    Bagging a bit of tourist real estate in Thailand, before despair gives way to hope, is a distinct possibility; but I want the Baht to take a tumble first..
    Everywhere I look there is a new condo development going up in Pattaya all with tiny rooms with stupid prices and nothing is selling. This is a holiday town before the plague people bought a place here mostly as a second home and some like myself made it home. Frankly, at some point the bottom must fall out as the banks demand payment of all these construction loans, not easy to repay when you can’t sell what you built.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Bagging a bit of tourist real estate in Thailand, before despair gives way to hope, is a distinct possibility; .
    The good news is that you will it seems have plently of options and many failed businesses and their properties to chose from it seems, the more pressing question of course is why as you sail into retirement would you want all the hassle and uncertainy of owning ANY business in Thailand just now or when things no doubt VERY slowly start to return as I would think any return on your investment would have to be looked as a medium if not long term investment perhaps before you'd seen any decent returns - no ? i guess that all depends on what age you're retiring at perhaps.

Maybe if you're THAT keen to loose some money in Thailand you could at least open a GREAT gay bar for us all and at least lose your money for our mutual benefit ? :-)

Liked

"Maybe if you're THAT keen to loose some money in Thailand you could at least open a GREAT gay bar for us all and at least lose your money for our mutual benefit ? :-)"

Well.. I have for some time been of the opinion that the Thailand gay bar 'model' is a bit broken, and needs a reboot. It all depends on what I can pick up and where, but I've a few ideas.

One concept I dub the 'lunch box cafe' - regular pavement cafe/bar during the day with available waiters, and with fit, straight and mostly married construction workers offering up their lunch boxes in cubicles at the rear after they finish work each day.

The concept of the gay hotel has been dying a death over the past few years, as regular hotels stopped vexing over same sex couples, but a fresh take on that is also a possibility - a slightly high end hotel, price-wise, costing perhaps $10/day a room more than similar hotels elsewhere, with that $10 used to pay retainers to ensure the place is well decorated with young fit (and available..) eye-candy..

11. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (October 25th, 2020)

Liked

"Well.. I have for some time been of the opinion that the Thailand gay bar 'model' is a bit broken, and needs a reboot.
    You can say that again! Please! Tired, broken and soon irrelevant.

"The concept of the gay hotel has been dying a death over the past few years, as regular hotels stopped vexing over same sex couples, but a fresh take on that is also a possibility - a slightly high end hotel, price-wise, costing perhaps $10/day a room more than similar hotels elsewhere, with that $10 used to pay retainers to ensure the place is well decorated with young fit (and available..) eye-candy..
    You mean like Madame Jim's Baan Souy?