Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Govt declares 29 provinces as bird flu disaster zone

Liked: 1

Govt declares 29 provinces as bird flu disaster zone

BANGKOK : -- The government Tuesday declared twenty nine central and northeastern provinces, including Bangkok, as disaster zone as part of measure to curb bird flu, government spokesman Surapong Suebwonglee said.

The cabinet also approved the creation of chicken "death squads" responsible for terminating infected birds as well as all poultry within a one-kilometer radius of any future bird flu outbreaks.

Surapong said the declaration would make it easier for government to provide compensation to farmers whose birds must be killed.

Agriculture Minister Sudarat Keyuraphan said the government will test chickens within five kilometers of an outbreak to check the spread of bird flu.

Four new mobile labs will be set up across the northern and central provinces to test for the disease.

The government also issued strict safety measures for another 30 provinces, requiring vehicles and equipment to be disinfected before traveling between farms.

--The Nation Breaking News 2006-08-08

I hope that my posts will be of use.

Amazing. I know that just a few weeks ago Taksin's government was declaring complete victory over containing the bird flu.

Bird flu seems to be non news worthy anymore in UK. Haven`t heard a thing for ages... seems viewers prefer constant war footage.