Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Fie-work

Fie-work

What is it with the fire-crackers today? It started around 7.00am this morning and kept up for hours so it seemed. Now I have just jumped out of my skin as a big bunch of crackers just went off behind me. They'll be a few more Farang heart attacks brought on today I'm sure.

Chinese holiday.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

holy ghosts...

The fireworks are going off all over Thailand and started early this morning.. My guess is that the Chinese use them to scare off the ghosts
    and spirits..If you see people burning paper, it is symbolic money that somehow gets to their dead relatives ...

Such a deep understanding of Chinese culture. Only here, folks...only here!

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked

Re: holy ghosts...

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    The fireworks are going off all over Thailand and started early this morning.. My guess is that the Chinese use them to scare off the ghosts
    and spirits.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman41
    What is it with the fire-crackers today? It started around 7.00am this morning and kept up for hours so it seemed. Now I have just jumped out of my skin as a big bunch of crackers just went off behind me.
    You're not a ghostly spirit Fatman, are you?
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Chinese festival

A weird interpretation of a Chinese tradition -- today is the beginning of 'hungry ghosts festival,' but in Chinese countries, people only burn paper money (and mobile phones and houses and servants and cars...), no firecrackers.

Re: Chinese festival

Quote Originally Posted by mumbaighost
    A weird interpretation of a Chinese tradition -- today is the beginning of 'hungry ghosts festival,' but in Chinese countries, people only burn paper money (and mobile phones and houses and servants and cars...), no firecrackers.
    You should stay in Taichung sometime - thought it was world war 3 started one morning at around 6am - gotta love kids!

Liked: 1
    It's Chinese Half Year Festival which is six months after Chinese New Year Festival - amazing. Nearly deafened in Soi Dick's Cafe Bangkok last night as Future Boys set of a barrel load of crackers. There were some 'crackers' inside as well.
    I hope that my posts will be of use.