Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pattaya trip report june 2019

Liked

Pattaya trip report june 2019

Since this is my first post, I would like to introduce myself. I am a freelance IT consultant. Whenever I have an assignment in NE Asia, I stay a little longer in the region while I enjoy a short vacation in Thailand. I've been lurking on this forum for a while. English is not my native language, I apologize in advance for my misuse of the language of Shakespeare.
    I will not provide a day by day report, but rather a general observation of the places I have visited and my activities. I have not made any notes, so details can be scarce. I spent a total of 11 days in Pattaya.

Low season

The plane had been around 20% full, so I had a relaxing sleep on 4 seats in the aisle. It was very quiet at the airport, I got on the bus from the plane in less than an hour. The weather was pleasant, considering that I had spent time in Dubai. The occasional rain shower was refreshing and traffic lighter than high season. With the exception of my visit to Koh Larn, I didn't see many Chinese tourists. The Russians seem to have disappeared and frankly the gay tourists as well. Plenty of eager boys in the bars and massage salons.
    I just love low season.

Massage salons

Shop next to dick's cafe (jomtien complex): A cute guy in his early twenties. No shower, mediocre massage and apparently no extras (something to do with being shy and another customer in the room). No repeat.
    Ice massage (near tukcom / bordeaux restaurant): Shower before and after. Visited twice, each time I was the only customer. I've picked different boys, but twice an excellent massage and afters.
    Relax at me (tukcom): Shower before and after. 20 y/o straight boy. Reasonable massage and extras.

Ice massage was a clear win, but a lot depends on the boy of course.

Beer bars

Sunnee

Bar opposite the old good boys (I have forgotten their new name): Straight boys in their twenties, eager to show you their chuck waw talent upstairs.
    Five boys. One customer on my first visit, no other customers on my second visit. I have not visited the room/bar upstairs.
    Euro boys: five gay boys, two straight. Two other customers. I had a pleasant time with a straight 21 y/o from Korat. I wanted to off him, but he had a terrible hangover that day.
    Double shot bar: only counted three boys, straight and from Cambodia. A couple customers sitting at the counter, but since it's a fairly large bar, it seemed deserted.

Overall, sunnee is suffering from a severe lack of customers. But that's nothing new I suppose.

Jomtien complex

I can't keep all the different bars apart, but there were plenty of boys hanging around. The most popular bars remain Sun and @home at the end of the soi, but every boy complained about the lack of customers. One new bar called dodo's bar opened next to the Sun bar, but they had no boys on their first day and I didn't venture into that bar afterwards.
    Offed a 20 y/o gay twink (300baht off fee) from the Sun bar and had a very pleasant time.
    I also offed a cambodian straight boy from the @home bar, equally an enjoyable experience.

Overall, more customers than sunnee or boystown, but clearly not enough customers for the boys. One cute but desperate boy offered me his services for 400 baht (excluding the off fee), but I had to decline because I had other plans.

Gogo Bars

Boystown

Toy boys: I arrived there rather early (21:00). Five average boys on stage. No other customers. Mamasan insured me that plenty of boys would arrive later, but I didn't bother to check that out.
    Cupidol: a nice selection of twinks on display. Around twelve boys, two other customers. I had a cute 22 y/o gay boy sitting with me, but didn't off him because his breath smelled like an open sewyer. That was a first. I tried to explain that tactfully to him but that didn't work out so well.
    X boys: I arrived late, just before they started their karaoke. I've counted twenty boys on stage. Exchanged contact details with #24, a 20 y/o gay boy and later met him in my room where we both had a good time.

Sunnee plaza

Eros boys: On my first visit, five boys outside, of which at least two boys looked cute. Inside, two overweight boys on stage and one boy with a customer. The boys outside didn't bother to come in, so I left. On my second visit, nobody outside. Four boys on stage, but the airconditioning was broken and the heat was unbearable, so I left quickly.
    Winner boys: A large selection of younger looking gay twinks on stage, but a couple extra lights would be welcome. Still, a pleasant and remarkably cheap bar. Plenty of customers coming and going.
    Power boys: four twinks and one straight boy on stage. No other customer in sight during my two visits to the bar.
    Nice boys: by far my favorite bar in Pattaya. More than twenty eager straight boys who are not shy to say the least. I like to buy a bottle of whiskey and joke around with them. The mamasans (especially Mac) are pleasant, the boys are genuinely nice and the atmosphere can be exuberant at times. Offed an old time fav boy and one of the new folk-s, both were great. I also invited a couple of the boys to a Koh Larn trip and they returned the favor inviting me for a sumptious dinner / breakfast at four o'clock in the morning. One tip: if you buy a bottle of whiskey, make sure that you agree on what's included in the price in advance (large/small bottle, do you need to pay extra for coke / water, is there an extra fee if a boy is sitting with you). Their prices seem to fluctuate with the whiskey index or so and can be negotiated.

Shows (not X-rated)

Kaan show: I scored a ticket for a low fee (300 baht if I remember well) in combination with the ramayana waterpark tickets. I quite enjoyed the show. Definitely recommended if you can buy a discounted ticket.
    The venue: The decor may not be spectacular, but the dancers give an excellent show for the price of just one drink. Recommended once you got fed up with the gay bars.

Daytime activities

Koh larn (2x): My first trip to Koh Larn was a bit of a bummer. Invited a 24 y/o boy Nam from one of the jomtien complex bars. He managed to arrive fifty minutes late. We eventually ended up on the main beach, where the noise of speed boats and jetskis was surpassed by the chatter of the hordes of chinese tourists flocking on the beach. Nam didn't bother and managed to sleep the whole time - on the boat and on the lounger we rented. We quickly returned to the hotel when the weather changed.
    The second trip was with a bunch of guys from the Nice Boys bar. What a difference compared to the first trip. We had fun on the boat, even though one of them got seasick. We rented a couple motorbikes (200baht) and headed to Tien beach, a beautiful and quiet beach, not yet discovered by the Chinese for now. The boys had forgotten to pack their swimwear and chose to swim in their work outfit: underwear. Sadly, a trip on the banana boat (120 baht/p) tended to seperate the boys from their underwear.. They eventually bought a couple of shorts in the beach store after comments from thai workers on the beach. We all had lots of fun.
    Scuba diving (2x): enjoyed some wreck and coral diving. Even the diving company complained about the lack of customers. We had a huge boat for four customers.
    Ramayana water park: I bought heavily discounted tickets for the water park and invited a couple boys to join me. Only to find out that the tickets I bought were resident tickets and that I should pay a hefty falang surcharge. A small tip / bribe luckily convinced them to look the other way and we had a fun day at the water park. If you can find cheap tickets, it is worth it. They have some great slides and the water park itself is huge, well maintained and clean. Not to mention the fact that the boys love it too.
    Renting a motorcycle: trip on a rented motorcycle to Bang Saray and the surrounding area. Ended up chatting in a local restaurant with Pai, the waiter. Pai, 18 y/o, worked on walking street, handing out flyers. He was scouted in his Issaan village and promised shelter, food and an excellent salary. He soon realized that he had to sleep together with ten other boys and he eventually received 500 baht for a month of work (and a lot of promises). He's now working at the restaurant in the hope that he can earn some money since his family in his village already counted on the money flowing in..
    Hanging out at central festival & terminal 21: it was my first visit to the latter. An impressive mall, but rather expensive.

Other late night activities

Sinlapin issaan(2x): met a cute guy and we ended up in my hotel room. Asked 100 baht for motorbike taxi. My other visit was less fruitful, but still had a good time with some new friends.
    Insomnia: Busy disco on walking street. Met a couple gay guys (far in the minority), but none of them were my type.
    Early morning meal: After the Koh Larn trip, got invited by one of the boys for a home cooked meal after they finished work at the bar. Their housing isn't in the best shape (water flowing down the walls when it rains, cockroaches, thai style shower), but they keep things clean.
    It's nice to see that they are not just colleagues at work, but also good friends. One after the other boy (most of them accompanied by their girlfriend) joined our little foodfest and we had a very pleasant evening/morning. I offered to pay for the food but received a decisive 'no' as answer.
    At least now I understand why they are tired during the day - the sun was already shining when I got back at my hotel room.
    I spent the rest of my trip at Bangkok hospital due to food poisoning (just kidding).

I certainly had a great trip and I'm already looking forward to my next visit to Sin City.

2. 25 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (June 24th, 2019), AdamKY (June 25th, 2019), arsenal (June 24th, 2019), Asia Traveler (June 25th, 2019), BOY69 (June 27th, 2019), Brad the Impala (June 24th, 2019), christianpfc (June 26th, 2019), colmx (June 25th, 2019), dab69 (July 25th, 2019), dinagam (June 24th, 2019), Doug (June 24th, 2019), gerefan2 (June 24th, 2019), goji (June 25th, 2019), GWMinUS (June 29th, 2019), Jellybean (June 24th, 2019), joe552 (June 25th, 2019), llz (June 27th, 2019), lonelywombat (June 24th, 2019), Manforallseasons (June 24th, 2019), Marsilius (July 30th, 2019), Moses (June 24th, 2019), neddy3 (June 24th, 2019), snotface (June 24th, 2019), TaoR (June 24th, 2019), Wolzek (July 10th, 2019)

Liked

Re: Pattaya trip report june 2019

Very comprehensive report, useful to many l'm sure. No need to apologise for your English, which is better than that of some of our regular English-speaking contributors! What nationality are you as a matter of interest?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thanks. Where did you stay? Any restaurants to recommend? Your English is excellent!

Liked

Can you tell me how you transport yourself in Pattaya. You hired a taxi to go to Ramayana water park for example?
    And where did you buy these cheap tickets?

I only use Songtaew and motor bike taxi, but I not venture so far as that water park.

Liked

Thanks for a well-written and informative report.
    No need to apologize for your English; very fluent.

I like the fact that you explored all three gay areas, and commented upon your experiences.

You seem to have done a lot in your time there, especially considering that you were a night owl at times.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

Liked

Welcome to the forum michaelx1992!

And thanks for posting a superb, all encompassing trip report! It was a joy to read.

Liked

@all

Thanks for the warm welcome and comments!

Here are a couple pictures. (Blurred tattoos & faces to protect their privacy)

waterpark.jpg
    kohlahn-02.jpg
    kohlahn-01x.jpg

@oliver2

I stayed at the zing resort & spa, Jomtien complex. It's not a luxury hotel, but you get value for money. I loved the swimming pool and the modern rooms. Due to a booking error on my part, I had to change rooms in the middle of my stay. While the first room had a balcony with room for a small party, the second room only had a tiny one. It required some acrobatics to fit myself and my temporary loved one.

I mainly ate street food. The only restaurant that I visited often was the 8jomtien restaurant, a family-run outdoor restaurant on the corner of the Jomtien complex and the Thappraya road, close to the hotel. Good Thai and Falang food for a reasonable price.

@Asdara

I mostly use the baht bus to move around the city (10 baht). Occasionaly, I hire a motorbike taxi (60 baht jomtien complex - downtown Pattaya).
    I used grab to catch a taxi (got one in less than 2 minutes) to go to ramayana. If you offer to cancel the trip on grab after the taxi has arrived, you can get a discount. The same car picked us up for the return trip.

I bought the tickets at a travel agency near central festival. I tried to locate it on google maps, but to no avail. In hindsight, it looks like I paid less or more the same as their current '50% off' online promotion for residents on their website.

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Asia Traveler (June 25th, 2019), christianpfc (June 26th, 2019), Jellybean (June 24th, 2019)

Liked

A wonderful report! Thanks. Especially I enjoyed the part where you described activities with the boys outside their working environmemt. Most of my fondest memories came from engaging the boys in regular fun.

Liked

michaelx1992 , you should avoid to use sign of email "at" until you will reach 10 posts... all posts with such sign from members who has less than 10 posts are going to moderation: it is anti-spam measurement
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Yes I echo the appreciation of the other members for a great report. My March visit experience was very similar to yours including staying in the Zing. This has a reputation of being gay friendly but I did get a few disapproving looks from str guests when I had a young boyfriend with me sat round the pool. I liked your account of our visit to Koh Larn and agree that you have to get away from the main beach with its hordes of Chinese tour groups. There is another beach which I liked - Duan or Monkey Beach at the very southern tip of the island. Did you visit the Dongtan gay beach ?. This is not so gay these days as it was when I first discovered Pattaya 20 years ago.