Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More on Boyztown

Forum's veteran
    Liked

More on Boyztown

An interesting week in Boyztown which we left on Friday with some unanswered questions.

1) What's happening at Panorama? It has been shuttered for a few days and appears to be undergoing some renovations. Will it be Panorama when it reopens?

2) Toyboys has ben closed all week. For good?

3) What on earth is happening at Le Cafe Royal? It seems to have installed some infernal, gigantic sub-woofer/bass units which penetrate walls, floors and ceilings. At about 0300 on Saturday morning, I tried to discover what was going on, apart from an asymmetric thump-thumpity-thump which had seemingly no relationship with the almost inaudible music: and secondly, who was responsible for the persistent screaming and shrieking. Ladies or ladyboys? I couldn't discover. There seemed to be few people enjoying this entertainment but those I saw appeared to be young Thais of different sexuaities. I'm really not sure. Has anyone experienced this audial and visual feast at close quarters?

I'd be interested to know but not bothered that much since P and I have decided to stop staying in Boyztown (in my case after twenty years) and have found a gay-friendly hotel in Jomtien Complex. A quiet one. I'm sad to say goodbye to Ambiance; its Penthouse rooms are particularly good and competitively priced, as are Copa's opposite.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: More on Boyztown

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    An interesting week in Boyztown which we left on Friday with some unanswered questions.

If its closed for good then I predict the gay world of Pattaya will start to implode imminently. It may be Low Season holidays, unless someone has offed them all for a gang bang in Whore Hin

3. 5 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (June 10th, 2019), Dalewood (June 9th, 2019), joe552 (June 9th, 2019), sglad (June 9th, 2019), Smiles (June 9th, 2019)

Liked

I messaged one of the men who works at Toy Boys. It's news to him that the bar has been closed. Is anyone else on the spot to confirm either way?

Liked

Toy Boys was open Saturday night. A Bomb has re-opened after renovations. Panorama closed for renovation by new owners from the nearby Castro bar.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Wolzek (June 10th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post

1) What's happening at Panorama? It has been shuttered for a few days and appears to be undergoing some renovations. Will it be Panorama when it reopens?

3) What on earth is happening at Le Cafe Royal? It seems to have installed some infernal, gigantic sub-woofer/bass units which penetrate walls, floors and ceilings. At about 0300 on Saturday morning, I tried to discover what was going on, apart from an asymmetric thump-thumpity-thump which had seemingly no relationship with the almost inaudible music: and secondly, who was responsible for the persistent screaming and shrieking. Ladies or ladyboys? I couldn't discover. There seemed to be few people enjoying this entertainment but those I saw appeared to be young Thais of different sexuaities. I'm really not sure. Has anyone experienced this audial and visual feast at close quarters?

I'd be interested to know but not bothered that much since P and I have decided to stop staying in Boyztown (in my case after twenty years) and have found a gay-friendly hotel in Jomtien Complex. A quiet one. I'm sad to say goodbye to Ambiance; its Penthouse rooms are particularly good and competitively priced, as are Copa's opposite.
    I have made the same decision that staying in BT is not much fun if you are sensitive to early morning noise. I’ve also switched to the gay friendly hotels in the Complex where sleep is appreciated by both myself and my offs.

Liked

At any time any bar in Jomtien is likely to have a heart pounding bone shattering ear bursting brain haemorrhage inducingly loud party.

There is no guarantee of quiet there. But it's still classed as a residential area apparently so no go go bars. Go figure.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The rooms in Agate (and I assume Zing) that face away from the Complex are silent; P and I have stayed there four times without problems. Furthermore , there is distance and a row of buildings to protect them.

It is true that the bars are noisy but only at the level that Boyztown was until to about four years ago. It is the sort of noise that double-glazing adequately conceals. It was never a problem for me.

Some may consider it surprising that, during the period when the soi was packed with punters and successful bars with go-go dancers in the hundreds in BBB and Cockpit and customers numbering more than that, and in which some were open most of the night, the noise levels were consistently lower than today, when there are only a few people about.

Boyztown has suffered an increase in the number of street parties in recent years; these parties involve massive loud-speakers, drunken karaoke singing (sic) and last until 0300 and beyond. Allied to this has been the fashion of "open" bars which disdain the use of walls and doors to protect those who don't wish to participate in their activities.

The result of this is the current LCR lunacy; a whole soi subjected to the desires of a handful...until the early morning.

10. User who gave Like to post:

llz (June 12th, 2019)

Liked

Caveat emptor.

Liked

My regular hotel in Boystown was the Ambiance. However at 3 am and in bed with a nice boy the fun was often eliminated by a drunk farang’s rendition of “my way” sung completely off-key.

Liked

I can see how that might spoil the mood, Daveuk.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.