List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: THAI: Economy Thai Airways have announced that from April 1 only 20kg bag allowance

Liked

THAI: Economy Thai Airways have announced that from April 1 only 20kg bag allowance

https://www.dailynews.co.th/economic/696774

Thai Airways have announced that from April 1st their economy class passengers will no longer be able to load bags weighing 30 kilos in the hold for free. 

New rules said that for four categories of economy class (including L,W and V designations) passengers will now only be able to take 20 kilos free of charge.

Group tour customers will also face the same restrictions though that change in the rules will come later starting July 1st 2019.

Daily News said the airline were trying to cut fuel costs.

THAI have reportedly been losing billions of baht in recent years.

Source: Daily News

Tj

2. User who gave Like to post:

kittyboy (March 8th, 2019)

Liked

Re: THAI: Economy Thai Airways have announced that from April 1 only 20kg bag allowance

Despite taking about 17 sets of T-shirts and underwear, 3 separate devices to access the interned, a camera & a stupidly excessive quantity of toiletries, mosquito repellant etc, my luggage weighs in at about 16kg.
    Next time I intend to cut back.

Liked

Re: THAI: Economy Thai Airways have announced that from April 1 only 20kg bag allowance

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Despite taking about 17 sets of T-shirts and underwear, 3 separate devices to access the interned, a camera & a stupidly excessive quantity of toiletries, mosquito repellant etc, my luggage weighs in at about 16kg.
    Next time I intend to cut back.
    On avg i take 21 kg including about two pairs of shoes and thongs

Liked

Several sets of metal thongs could easily add up to 21kg. Most poseurs prefer the silky ones.

Liked

Good news. They should make it even lower. People travel with way too much stuff.

Liked

I have just checked on the thai airways uk site for flights beginning on the 1st of may flying from london and they are still saying 30kg , maybe the webb site has not been up dated or the 20kg load for baggage is internal flights only

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aot871 View Post
    I have just checked on the thai airways uk site for flights beginning on the 1st of may flying from london and they are still saying 30kg , maybe the webb site has not been up dated or the 20kg load for baggage is internal flights only
    Within Economy there are several classes - V & W are the lowest internationally and they attract the 20kg limit. Y & B are the highest and their limit remains 30kg. Jim’s cut’n’paste alluded to that. You need to check the conditions before you book

You get what you pay for (not necessarily the same for buying guys)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Within Economy there are several classes - V & W are the lowest internationally and they attract the 20kg limit. Y & B are the highest and their limit remains 30kg. Jim’s cut’n’paste alluded to that. You need to check the conditions before you book

You get what you pay for (not necessarily the same for buying guys)
    Thai have 5 classes in ecom flying out of london , starting with super save and saver .both of these are still coming up with 30 kg

Banned
    Liked

Thai have 5 classes in ecom flying out of london , starting with super save and saver .both of these are still coming up with 30 kg
    I'm inclined to ask how you manage to get yourself out of bed in the morning, let alone hold down a job
    Thai Airways have announced that from April 1st their economy class passengers will no longer be able to load bags weighing 30 kilos in the hold for free.
    Tickets on sale now ie. March 8 still have the old rules applied. If you buy a ticket from now until March 31 you get 30KG irrespective of when you travel

Banned
    Liked

Where abouts on the thai air webb site does it say that ?
    The odd thing about "commonsense" is that it's not all that common, as your posts amply illustrate. I generally charge a discounted rate of GBP60 for IT support but since you clearly have special needs I'll do this for free just this once. On the Thai Airways web booking page (not the "thai air webb site") :
    8-03-2019 12-02-27 PM.jpg
    and if you click through to "More details" you can find this section:
    8-03-2019 12-03-26 PM.jpg