Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Dtac

Liked

Dtac

I have just noted on GBs site that dtac is changing from 3g to 4g on mobile phones from 15th sept , I only hope my current phone will be able to be used when i buy a new sim card next month when i arrive . If not it means a new phone .

Liked

Re: Dtac

An 11th hour court ruling has granted DTAC permission to postpone cutting off non-4G service until December 15, so your phone will work at least until then.

Even after the cutoff date, that does not mean you will have to buy a new telephone if your telephone has 4G capability. It only means buying a new SIM card for the telephone you already own, if you're going to stick with DTAC.

Perhaps your SIM card is already 4G.

New DTAC SIM cards will be 4G. Before buying a new SIM card, which would mean a new telephone number, you might want to check at a DTAC shop to see if they can upgrade the SIM card you already have. That's what they did with mine. Same SIM card. Same telephone number, Same everything. But now the SIM card handles 4G.

3. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Jellybean (September 15th, 2018), paborn (September 15th, 2018), seenus (September 15th, 2018)

Liked

Thanks GB for that info, Im on pay as u go,, ,so just buy a new sim every trip .not bothered about keeping the same number ,Im still not certain if my 3 yr old cheap samsung J1 is ok for 4g

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aot871 View Post
    Im still not certain if my 3 yr old cheap samsung J1 is ok for 4g
    Out of curiosity I looked up Samsung J1 on Google. Apparently your phone is 4G capable.

Of course, if you buy new SIM cards every trip, no law says it has to be a DTAC SIM card. 1-2-Call is more popular and I have seen nothing to indicate they have any plans to force 4G use.

Liked

I've been using dtac prepaid number for more than five years. I changed to a micro sim card a few years ago, and to a nano sim card at the end of last year, at Central Festival Pattaya, without any charge.
    At the same time, whenever I top up 100baht at 7-eleven, my sim card validity is extended for another year.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    Out of curiosity I looked up Samsung J1 on Google. Apparently your phone is 4G capable.
    Samsung, and many other manufacturers, are the very devil when it comes to phone model numbers. I had a quick check and found that there were two versions of the J1. There's the J1 and the J1 4G, so it depends which of them the poster has.

I'm a big fan of Xiaomi phones but they're probably even worse when it comes to model numbers.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by billyhouston View Post
    two versions of the J1. There's the J1 and the J1 4G, so it depends which of them the poster has.
    Then I guess the only way to know for sure is to contact DTAC's service number or stop by a DTAC shop when arriving in Thailand.

Why they have to make something that ought to be so simple become something complex and time consuming goes beyond me. Even more frustrating, my phone was 3G and is now 4G. If there is any appreciable difference in speed or anything else, I haven't noticed it. As far as I can tell, everything is just as it was a few days ago when my phone was still 3G.

I hope the next generation of technology comes up with computers that actually work - all the time, telephones that are easy for anyone to use, and while we're at it, TV remote controls that contain only buttons people actually use instead of a bunch of buttons that I, for one, have yet to figure out what the hell they're for . . .