List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what does it cost for a thai companion for a day or a week?

what does it cost for a thai companion for a day or a week?

I know that yyou must pay on "off fee" to take a thai guy out of a bar but what do they normally expect if you want their company for a day or more?

Re: what does it cost for a thai companion for a day or a we

Quote Originally Posted by newmike
    I know that yyou must pay on "off fee" to take a thai guy out of a bar but what do they normally expect if you want their company for a day or more?
    Hey ! You sound like Baziel .

what do they normally expect if you want their company
    It depends on your flavor, vanilla or banana , but they normally expect more as you want ! :bigsmurf:

Yes, you still owe the off fee. You can try to negotiate a bulk rate, but good luck on that.
    The tip should be negotiated. For example, if for a week, it could go as low as 1000 per day (very low) to 2,000 per day (or more) PLUS all expenses and some shopping.

Liked
    I'd say to be careful. If you keep things on a daily basis you might get better performance:-)
    Dboy

Definitely negotiate the off fee. You can get a substantial reduction the more days you off a boy.

The daily rate you will pay your friend depends on many factors, i.e. how much he likes you, the lenght of the off, how you treat him, gifts etc. Just remember, he basically lives off the tips not the "salary" the bar provides.

Super Stars can get offed almost every night, and most are just short time. A less popular lad may jump at a long time off for a couple days or more.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

careful.........

how much to tip usually starts up a battle between the ex-pats who are exasperated by the big tipping tourists and the
    fully employed in a first world country tourists who think the ex-pats are tight wads and exploiters..of course, this is a generalization

If you are financially comfortable and the boy gives you great service, be a sport and tip generously.. If you are living on a pension
    and not happy with the boy then it is a different situation..

You might be surprised at the stories of farangs who keep a boy for a week or more, buy them expensive dinners, clothes, trinkets, airline tickets
    and expensive hotels, and then
    stiff the boy at the end, thinking they have spend a lot of money already..

Reality is the expensive farang restaurants, the designer clothing, hotel stays are for the farang's comfort and pleasure.. The boy only cares about
    the money be it in cash, gold, mobile phone or anything that can be sold or pawned while the farang is stilling waving from the back of the taxi...

Among the worst of the farangs are the ones who brag about how they take advantage and /or cheat the boys..The ones who lie about sending
    them money from overseas and rescuing them from the world of barboys are also pitiful and one of the reasons the boys think that all farangs lie
    and do their best to maximize their earnings while the farang is present...

Lord Bountiful

I always suspect those who boast, especially on message boards, about how generously they tip or how much they send--And quote--whatever--sum--inflate the figure by 100 to 300 percent. When one does this in person, observe the look on his face. "And the farmer hauled another load away..."

I became friends with a very nice lady who had an internet shop. She translated messages for several Boystown boys and helped them write replies. She didn't embellish as many (The 'sob-sisters') do; just wrote as she was asked. She often showed me the messages, the sweet and the outrageous; nothing underhanded her English was not that much better than the boys and she needed help. Perhaps not in other--The sob-sister shops--but in her shop Farang Water Buffalo Stories beat Thai hands down. One message had her especially perplexed: The man who sent a brief e-mail telling Bhoyhe wouldn't hear from him again because he was dying of cancer.
    --I happened to know Bhoy (Real chu-len.) & the farang, BTW, and knew, from my special num, who was working same place, Bhoy had high hopes and, 'liked farang mahk-mahk...jing jai'--
    She asked me, "What...I tell Bhoy?"
    I said, "Just tell him farang said he will not be coming back to Thailand...and said bye-bye."

Make up your mind before you leave home. If you know you don't want to be involved, do not give an address or phone number. If you aren't sure; get his address and decide, back home, after a cool-down period, if you want to go on with it. If for no better reason; so he doesn't waste his money.

Make up your mind before you leave home. If you know you don't want to be involved, do not give an address or phone number. If you aren't sure; get his address and decide, back home, after a cool-down period, if you want to go on with it. If for no better reason; so he doesn't waste his money.
    Bear repeating...again and again and again...

I must admit

""but in her shop Farang Water Buffalo Stories beat Thai hands down.""..

I haven't yet heard of a Farang buffalo that has beaten a Thai although In "Thailand Confidential " by Jerry Hopkins there is a cute story about his Thai wife's gay buffallo name Tooey ( after Katooey ) who she was brought up with and how devastated she was when it did actually die. She never sent letters for money though to anyone.

Apparently they can tell if a buffallo is gay by the way it's horns are shaped ( only in Thailand of course) .

"Bear repeating...again and again and again..."..not a pleasant thought..a repeating bear !

Liked

tipping

Many moons ago Traveler Jim mentioned when he wanted to show his care and concern for a Thai friend he would take them to the dentist. It is true the young man can't trade it in later, but, for sure, he will remember you. Since then, if I have had two friends that I have taken to the dentist. On the other hand I sort of like shopping with a Thai friend, especially in the Royal Garden. Checking out nice underwear is fun in the purchasing and in the modeling of it later. Also as you are packing bring some paperback books that you have read in the past few months in you luggage and drop off at Thais4Life along with Levi blue jeans size 29 waist 30 length. They magically fit just about every one you will meet. A thought for the occasional visitor, bring enough cash so that you can treat it like monopoly money, you can save again when you return home. If you err, do it on the side of being copiously abundance.