Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: rainy season pattaya and phuket

Liked

rainy season pattaya and phuket

last year I went to Phuket and Koh samui late septemberand it rained every day

I flew into Pattaya and it was totally different, no rain and sunny.

As I am planning a trip early in october, can I ask if this is normal weather for all places.

I do not understand the monsoons and maybe someone will help.

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Re: rainy season pattaya and phuket

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    last year I went to Phuket and Koh samui late septemberand it rained every day

I flew into Pattaya and it was totally different, no rain and sunny.

As I am planning a trip early in october, can I ask if this is normal weather for all places.

I do not understand the monsoons and maybe someone will help.
    Pattaya has a micro climate you can expect a lot more sun. Phuket i have been there 2 times in October, not much rain but cloudy all the time.

Liked

RAIN!!!

Yes, I got caught in Phuket in early October.
    Rained off and on for five days.
    Finally gave up and flew to BKK; much nicer there.
    This year, I am planning to try Phuket in February.
    Wish me luck!!!

Liked

Just send money ....

Quote Originally Posted by GWMinUS
    " ... This year, I am planning to try Phuket in February. Wish me luck!!! ... "
    I assume you meant next year, but no worry . . . you'll have no rain (or very little, perhaps a sprinkle at night) in Phuket in February. A terrific month to spend there.
    This is my gift to you ... :geek:

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Mainly on the plain?

It was reported in the papers a few months ago that due to an ocean/weather phenomenon (I forget if it's La Nina, or El Nino, this year) the rainy season is expected to be wetter and longer than usual. I think they said it may last until December. So, who knows. Just plan on coming to LOS and being "flexible".

Rainy Season

I think we are at the end of the rainy season, at least here in Pattaya, not sure about Phuket. Haven't seen much rain in a week or so. Having been in Thailand at different times of the year I find it hard to understand why people want to come here in the high season. Apart from everywhere being much busier in high season, the room rents are more expensive and there is less variety in the weather. Frankly I find a good downpour (only occassional and not lasting very long even in the low season) clears the air and cools things down a little, it is also often accompanied by a nice breeze too. Today is beautifully sunny and there is a lovely breeze blowing around.

I have spoken on the board about how I had previously found (being a person of expanding girth) that the hot weather is a killer, often resulting in much sweatiness of the crack of ones arse and requiring overuse of underarm deodorant (a thought just struck me, has anyone used underarm deodorant on their arse?). However, a tip from board members to get out there and do a little more walking and to not use the 'air' so much has worked. So anyone suffering the same as I did I suggest that you follow such guidelines as:

Book a room with air con' and fan
    Only use the air when extremely necessary and rely on the fan to cool your nethers during the night
    Try and get a room where the windows open and preferably has a net or shield to keep out those nightime mozzies
    Avoid taking tuk tuk's and busses where you can and walk a little more
    Try to avoid deodorants and oily suncreams when wandering around and try using talcum powder which offers sun protection - ever wondered why Thai's use so much talc? They know what works and it is cooling.

And, for those who are bound to say it, don't be a pig and end up such a fat bastard!

I thank you :geek:

Liked
    I find it hard to understand why people want to come here in the high season. Apart from everywhere being much busier in high season, the room rents are more expensive and there is less variety in the weather. Frankly I find a good downpour (only occassional and not lasting very long even in the low season) clears the air and cools things down a little, it is also often accompanied by a nice breeze too. Today is beautifully sunny and there is a lovely breeze blowing around.
    Yes, Yes... I had always avoided the summer/rainy months for my Thaland trips thinking that my limited time could be spoiled by the weather and that the heat would be uncomfortable. Now that I live here full time I find I enjoy the off season more than the high season.
    E Dok Tong

Liked

Re: Rainy Season

Quote Originally Posted by let me tell u

Why would most of the working vacationer want to fly over 10 hours to find the sun if they can find it closer to home in the high season, when the weather in the west get cold and damp and dreary november usually is the time to fly east to find the sun and here even though it is 30 degrees all the year round high season is the best even though its winter in Thailand.
    For the same reason you are living in the back room at Montys

Not for the weather or the sun.

Grow up Joanne. We know why you live in LOS, why bullshit us about the weather.

Who on this board comes for the weather. We might like to know if it is wet,hot, humid. No lectures pplleeaassee

That is a side issue not the main one.

Liked
    Getting back on topic, in March in Pattaya, it rained like hell almost every afternoon, about 3 or 4 pm. A good 30 minutes of downpour, and then the sun came out. I didn't mind at all, it was good time to drink some margaritas.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Rain CAN be enjoyable

One of my fonder memories of BKK was an arrival day last year right after checking into the hotel and finding that luck had put me higher up with a view. I was completely wrung out after the long flights and was sitting in a chair, looking out over the city and watched an afternoon storm sweep across the city towards my hotel. The curtain of rain was magnificent, and cleaned off the outside of the window, to boot! Not being quite the wicked witch some at home have accused me of being at times I don't feel I'm in any danger of melting there, and half the time my shirts are damp from within, anyway, so I just plan on it and enjoy the downpours.

Besides... what's more romantic than a rainy evening in with a special friend? ;-)

The challenge comes in trying to explain the aesthetics (or indeed, the need) for a fire in the fireplace!