Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jomtien Immigration Office

Jomtien Immigration Office

I visited the Immmigration Office at Jomtien today to extend my tourist visa. Since opening over a year ago, I have had call to go and extend various tourist visa's there three times. The first time was a little disorientating and chaotic, many people wandering around not knowing what to do. My visa extension was ready in 24 hours. The second time was much better and I could collect my visa later the same day (4 hours later). Today, they have made the office even more user friendly. There is a guard/information person you can speak to wandering around in front of all the desks. The person you hand the forms to quickly scans them, adds the extension stamp to your passport, takes your money and then (I believe) passes your passport on to a second person for checks to be run whilst asking you to take a seat and wait. 10 to 15 minutes later, your name is called and you can pick up your passport. No hassle. A big congratulations to this office which makes applying for visa extensions so easy and continues to improve it's service.

Liked

Re: Jomtien Immigration Office

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman41
    A big congratulations to this office which makes applying for visa extensions so easy and continues to improve it's service.
    I agree with you. And the new building itself is that rarity for Pattaya a pleasure to look at, unlike that converted cowshed or whatever it was that used to be the Immigration Office.
    [i]There is a boy across the river with a bottom like a peach,
    But alas I cannot swim.
    [/i]
    - From an early-19th-century Pashtun marching song

well it's certainly a nice office as afterall

this visa renewall stuff is just a business but I've never heard of someone being able to pick up their passport again the same day..unless they keep mine overnight to check with Interpol first.

Immigration office

Can someone tell me how to find the immigration office at Jomtien Beach.

I will be staying for two months this fall and will need to extend my tourist visa.

Thanks in advance.

Liked: 1

Pattaya Immigration

http://pattaya-immigration.e-webonline. ... groupid=19

To reach the new Immigration go to Jomtien Beach Road Soi 5 and it is almost at the far end of the soi. This soi also contains Simple Simon pork butchers and the local Post Ofiice. It's quite a long walk. Maybe a motorcycle taxi if blisteringly hot or walking is a problem. From the end of the soi to the Hannuman Statue is about the same as the length of the soi.

The service is much improved, which is welcome, but so are the fees, Now it seems to cost 1900 baht to get anything.

The building was 'presented' to the Immigration Police by a local business! There are many good things about it e.g. parking and a neigbouring coffeeshop to pass waiting time but it's hardly a central location or very convenient for public transport.
    I hope that my posts will be of use.

...but it's hardly a central location or very convenient for public transport.
    Well, hopefully those "rumors" reported in the local newspaper a few months ago will come to be: that Jomtien "Second Road" (I don't know if it has a name now, but it's the road that begins by the Hanuman statue, wends past the View Talay Residences and currently terminates around Soi 9) will be come a 6-lane wide major artery. Then the Immigration Office will be much more accessible. But, TiT, so we'll see how fast, if at all, the Jomtien "Second Road" develops.

Re: Immigration office

Quote Originally Posted by Bodine
    Can someone tell me how to find the immigration office at Jomtien Beach.

I will be staying for two months this fall and will need to extend my tourist visa.

Thanks in advance.
    It is very easy to find. Depending on where you are staying I suggest that you hop on a bus baht heading from Pattaya to Jomtien (10 baht) and when you reach the beach road look out the left side of the bus for those little round blue road signs, just a short distance along you will spot signs for soi 1, 2 etc After soi 4 ring the bell and soi 5 is the road with an arch over it. The walk from the end of soi 5 to the immigration office (on the right of the soi) is no more than 2 or 3 minutes. If living in Jomtien I suggest you walk along the beach road to get to soi 5 as the trees on the beach side shelter you from the sun and sometimes there is a nice breeze. Alternatively, get a motorcy taxi from where ever you are and then ask him to wait for a negotiated fee.

I also suggest before you enter the building, you pop into the little photocopy shop to the left side of the entrance to the immigration office. Just hand them your passport and they know which pages you need copied for the extension to visa (10 baht). On entry to the immigration office, look for the application forms on the left side. For extension to tourist visa, pick up form 7, complete it and then pick up a queuing number from the automated ticket dispenser on the right hand side of the building. Have ready, when called, your passport, photocopies, one passport pic and 1,900 baht and you have no problems.

and don't forget the 100 baht

for your photograph and passport photocopy which must come from the shop next door !!!

Re: and don't forget the 100 baht

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl of the Orient
    for your photograph and passport photocopy which must come from the shop next door !!!
    Not sure if the passport photocopies 'must' come from the shop next door, but they do know which pages of your passport need copying and it is only 10 baht. The passport sized photograph you can get anywhere, most of the 'Kodak' emblazoned photo' shops will take your pic and have the photo's ready in an hour or so but they will charge you for six pictures to be produced - if you have a recent passport sized photo at home, bring it with you to Thailand.

Thanks fatman - good info to have to hand if needed!